Cobra spare tire?

JohnyD05

Founding Member
Mar 17, 2002
Massachusetts
Does anyone know where I can get a cobra spare tire? other than the 200 dollar one on ebay. I am putting the cobra brakes on and don't want to be without a spare. Will a full size tire fit in my trunk well? maybe i could pick up a used / beat up tire from someone, i dbout it will fit.

• Sponsors (?)

JohnyD05 said:
Does anyone know where I can get a cobra spare tire? other than the 200 dollar one on ebay. I am putting the cobra brakes on and don't want to be without a spare. Will a full size tire fit in my trunk well? maybe i could pick up a used / beat up tire from someone, i dbout it will fit.

I have Cobra brakes on my GT too, but I didn't buy a Cobra spare tire. If in case I do get a flat on one of the front tires, I simply put the spare tire on the back and take that good rear wheel to the front.

Cost 0$

the cobra rear brakes won't effect your gt spare...it will clear them.
do you have any friends at the ford dealer?
I picked up 2 of them from my dealer but a friend works their and gave a good price.
Also check your local junk yards etc...you never know what you'll find

ok so in a pinch i can throw the spare on the rear and put that tire up front. I also have a set of 16 inch tires i was autocrossing on, i guess i can still use them on the rears huh?(thought i was gonna have to get rid of them) Sounds good, i will give the junkyards a call. How much is the cobra spare tire without a friend discount at the dealer an ideas? why did you buy two of them? want to sell one?

they are expensive at the dealer....like $200.
they used to be like $100 from the dealer until everyone started doing the cobra brake upgrade so they jacked it up.
i have 2 so i can use them up front at the track.