Cobra Spring Swap Question

SALEEN961

Sep 3, 2010
I want higher rate springs in the front of my '99 3.8L to get it to handle more to my liking but I also don't want to lower my car much if any. So I was wondering if 03-04 Cobra Coupe (600 lb/in) or 03-04 Cobra Vert (500lb/in) would work for me. If my car sits 0.5" lower I wouldn't mind it but I don't want it to sit any lower then that or any higher then stock.

So my question is which springs should I get and how would they affect my ride height?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

03-04 cobra springs will NOT work. IRS vs solid rear.

get springs from a mach 1 or bullitt. they will lower you roughly 1/2". the front may sit a bit high though, due to engine size. you coudl raise the rear by playing with the iso's a bit(mix poly rear/no front or something like that). Other option is cutting 1/4-1/2 coil form the front(i dont recommend).

OTHER option is a set of ford racing C springs with poly isos all around. a friends setup with this lowered him just under an inch.

I'm not to concerd with the rear I just wanted to put stiffer front springs in my car. I know that I can't use IRS rear springs for obvious reasons but aren't the front springs of similar design on both IRS and non-IRS cars?