cobra tank fuel light?

DEEPSEAGT

Dec 29, 2002
San Diego
Got the 04 cobra tank and pumps on the 02 GT and the car will buck at 1/4 tank; basically no gas at this point, no low fuel light comes on and I threw a code for low fuel at the rails first time it happened. Is this because the tank is baffeled or is something meesed up with the sending unit?

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Where does your fuel needle point to when the tank is full? Maybe the sender uses different points, and you need to reposition the needle.

Otherwise, try the HEC diagnostic trick when you're pointing to 1/4 on the gauge, and see what the HEC says your fuel level is.

Pretty disappointing to read this.

I've done this mod, and the reason was to avoid the 1/4 tank issue with the stock (non-baffled) GT tank because I'm running a KB.

I'm pretty confident that my gage reads correctly. We put the fuel from the stock tank back into the new set up and the gage showed the exact same level as it did before we removed the stock stuff. And when I went to top the tank up, the cost and amount of fuel was comparable to what the stock set up would have taken.

But the mod was done so late in the season that I barely drove the thing afterwards...just prepped her for storage and put her to bed for the winter.

Suffice to say, I'll be closely monitoring this when the car comes out of storage in the Spring.

:nice: