Cobras and lightnings Lets see your pictures

SVT98Snake said:
I love the wheels.

What exhaust do you have?

And why did you go centrifugal vs. KB?

thanks...i went centrifugal b/c it was gonna put me at the power level i wanted and still be streetable...ive yet to encounter a KB that can hook on the street...besides, my turbo kit should be here next week, so i wont be centrifugal for long :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

blk04cobra1 said:
thanks...i went centrifugal b/c it was gonna put me at the power level i wanted and still be streetable...ive yet to encounter a KB that can hook on the street...besides, my turbo kit should be here next week, so i wont be centrifugal for long :hail2:

Damn guys.. those are some nice rides keep up with the awesome work. So what kind of power levels are you running with the procharger???

blk04cobra1 said:
550rwhp on 13lbs...upped to 18lbs now, so probably 610-610rwhp, havent retuned b/c of the turbo's coming...

Wow that's alot of power there.. what does your torque look like?? and secondly are still running IRS or a Solid Live Axle?? Also what does your dyno sheet look like is linear or is it spiked?? I'm just curious because I have a 98 Saleen Cobra and your car is the only car that I think I would sell it for.. :hail2: :nice: also do you drag or road race??

the peak boost comes in late in the RPM band, so it builds as you go along...so in a way it's spiked...torque was 535ft/lbs...thanks for the compliments and I havent tracked it yet b/c im still on the stock IRS w/ bushings and a brace...level 5's should be in later this week though :D

Wow.. that's alot of power.. but it sounds like at times if your not ready for it you can lose it.. :banana: but that sounds like fun.. anyways aha last question how much does your car wiegh??? and what kinda wheels are those damn those are nice :hail2: and also why didn't you go with the intercooler from procharger??

10 inch red stripes painted on Black 99 Cobra

blk04cobra1 said:
3875#'s with me in it...CCW 505A's and b/c they wanted too damn much for their intercooler...and it's easier to drive than you'd imagine :D

WHOOAA really I would imagine that it's not. but yet I'm used to 500rwhp and 510wrtq but see it's all linear I open track but I bet it's about the same power to wieght ratio cause my saleen cobra only wieghs 3100lbs with me in it, but yea I would totally sell it for your baby :hail2: :D

xtremejc, what hood pins are those, and how did you install them? ive heard of guys having trouble getting them to latch properly while also using the bumper stops on the radiater support... thanks, (details please)

droptopford 5 0 said:
xtremejc, what hood pins are those, and how did you install them? ive heard of guys having trouble getting them to latch properly while also using the bumper stops on the radiater support... thanks, (details please)

They are the FORD MOTORSPORT stainless hood pins that are in the FMS catalog. I installed them where the rubber bumpstops go in the front chassis clip and marked to the hood using a little bit of paint to mark the spot on the hood. Meassure twice drill once !!!

I hope that helps some...

xtremejc said:
They are the FORD MOTORSPORT stainless hood pins that are in the FMS catalog. I installed them where the rubber bumpstops go in the front chassis clip and marked to the hood using a little bit of paint to mark the spot on the hood. Meassure twice drill once !!!

I hope that helps some...
thanks, but i've heard of a lot/ most of the guys who installed them where the rubber bumpstops are having trouble lining up the hood with the fenders with no more adjustment from the bumpstops, is there any way that you used, or can think of from experience that would ensure the hood lining up properly? thanks, Kyle

Well...

droptopford 5 0 said:
thanks, but i've heard of a lot/ most of the guys who installed them where the rubber bumpstops are having trouble lining up the hood with the fenders with no more adjustment from the bumpstops, is there any way that you used, or can think of from experience that would ensure the hood lining up properly? thanks, Kyle

Kyle:

The procedure I used to install my hood pins worked perfect as you can see from the pics. No hood alignment problems at all and the hood closes super easy. I can't guarantee it will work for you but it did for me, that is all I know... :nice: