Cobras & Blowers

How well does the stock 99-01 cobra motor hold up with a blower. I'm looking at buying the 2000 complete cobra motor and slapping a vortech s-trim on it. Will it be able to hold the boost? or should I just start from scratch and build a forged 2v motor? I'm just looking to get in to the mid to high 11s safely and use it as an every other day driver. I don't want to boost my stock 50,000 mile 2v with the fear of it exploding. To many miles!

• Sponsors (?)

bigblackboat said:
How well does the stock 99-01 cobra motor hold up with a blower. I'm looking at buying the 2000 complete cobra motor and slapping a vortech s-trim on it. Will it be able to hold the boost? or should I just start from scratch and build a forged 2v motor? I'm just looking to get in to the mid to high 11s safely and use it as an every other day driver. I don't want to boost my stock 50,000 mile 2v with the fear of it exploding. To many miles!

I would just put a forged bottom end in the 2V. Forged internals will let you run a LOT more power than the stock rods will. Tim (CobraKiller) has made some unbelieveable power with blown 2V's. :nice:

So you all think my stock block with 50,000 miles will hold up to an excess of 400hp. I'm scared that the block is to weak. Alright if that's the case, where should I go about buying forged internals? If I go that route, i'll buy a Kenne Bell to get rid of that piece of ***** plastic intake. What else will I need to compensate for the high hp? How much would it cost to pull the motor and replace the internals? Thanks guys for your replys!

bigblackboat said:
So you all think my stock block with 50,000 miles will hold up to an excess of 400hp. I'm scared that the block is to weak. Alright if that's the case, where should I go about buying forged internals? If I go that route, i'll buy a Kenne Bell to get rid of that piece of ***** plastic intake. What else will I need to compensate for the high hp? How much would it cost to pull the motor and replace the internals? Thanks guys for your replys!

don't tell me you're one of those guys that sells there car after it hits that magical 100K mark.