Cobra's Cobra's Cobra's everyone says get a cobra

mattkimsey said:
How is a forged and s/c GT less than 500rwhp? I remember project ice box was trapping 133mph in a 3700lb GT.

It depends on the blower you have. The KB 1.7L maxes out just under 500whp. Other blowers like KB 2.2L, Vortech T-trim, and Paxton Novi 2000 can top 600whp easily with enough boost.

btw I do agree that the C5 z06 is an excellent alternative. As much as I love stangs and Cobras, I can admit Vettes are superior cars.

• Sponsors (?)

Pennywise2 said:
If a 03-04 Cobra has a KB and bolton's the c5 and c6 will get their door
blow away I know that for a fact because I seen it happen before and
their was no drivers error either. :nice:
The 03-04 Cobras are expensive in my area if you can actually find one.
I seen them for no less than 30K.If you really want one you will cough up
the cash but, it's well worth it though.
The Cobra may win on the drag strip, but I think a 450rwhp Z06 would be more fun to drive. The Z06 could also throw on a 100 shot and lay waste to about all stock shortblock Kenne Bell/Whipple Cobras.

I beleive it's a simple matter of what you're willing to spend, and what exactly you like to do. If $$ isnt a problem, and you dont mind the higher cost in maintenence etc etc, and you want a much faster car, dragging that is, then, the cobra is right. However, if you're the type that just likes to personalize, improve, modd and make fast, then, GT is better. I mean, the difference between a '03 GT and a '03Cobra running 11's is a big deal, one has had a much higher hill to climb, obviously. Myself, I love the GT's, the engines last a very long time unless you abuse badly and are careless. I prefer to pay less on a GT and build a 12 second car, rather than buy one, but dont get me wrong, i'd take a Cobra as well, but, if I bought a Cobra, i'd only invest a tiny bit, i'd leave it pretty much stock, it's fast enough, period. I'd put a pulley, full exhaust, intake, minor suspension, tires, little tint and that's about it.

With a GT, well, teh list go's on and on and on lol, but it's fun, and, well when you've had a car a while, and you've done so much, and labored on it, well, it becomes a part of you, and it becomes unique and is "your" GT, not just a mustang GT ya know....but I mean the Cobra can be the same thing. I just dont see myself wanting anything more than a 12 second car, so, GT all the way for me. I mean, even if you did blow up a 4.6 2V....it's not really all 'that' expensive...

GT all the way. Gotta work harder to get the numbers, but I mean, price is everything.

I prefer to be the underdog. And, i'm very fond of the saleens so I plan on getting the body kit and other saleen items, so a Cobra would be an unecessary shell. But...I have to buy another GT, i'm looking, my Limited is staying original, to keep it's value. Jeez I ramble on dont I....heh that is all.

:SNSign:

I almost swapped my 04 GT for an 04 Cobra with 9000 miles 2 weeks ago. The only thing that stopped me was the price of the insurance. It was gonna be about three times as much as what i pay for my GT.I never dreamed it was that high... That cooled my wants real fast....

Well when I put on my intercooler and 9 pound pulley I should be around 400 rear wheel I hope....perhaps that will do for now and then I can always buy a motor down the road.....well see such rough choices lol thanks for all the comments