COBRASK8's First Show - Naked Pics!!!!

chepsk8

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2001
Easton, PA
Took The runing chassis to a gathering of Cobras Saturday. What a ball! :nice: I was smack in the middle of a row of snakes, just my chassis, and nobody could care less! In fact, I was complimented for bringing a chassis, so people could see what's under the skin! Many liked how I was building the car, and complimented as such. There were people looking at it all day, so I guess it was well received.

View attachment 512784

What a great feeling finally to have this project on the home stretch! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Sunday is the build party, body going on! Everyone here who is close is invited! :cheers:

OK, BBFCM, you wanted to see progress, here it is! Mine's running now! Yours???????? :shrug: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

Current motor is the 5.0 I removed from the 1988 Mustang GT Donor car. Only changes are the conversion to an Edelbrock Performer Intake & Holley 600CFM D/P, Crane Hi-6 Ignition, & tubular sidepipes. I never took the motor apart, as it ran very strong before it was plucked, though I think it has roughly 180,000 miles! Idea is to get the car sorted with this motor, and once it gives up, either a 345 HP crate 5.0 or similar will be shoehorned it. Rest of the driveline is a T-5 5-speed & a 3.55 8.8 out back with the 3-Link racing suspension.

Damn thing is quick!

chepsk8 said:
Sunday is the build party, body going on! Everyone here who is close is invited! :cheers:

OK, BBFCM, you wanted to see progress, here it is! Mine's running now! Yours???????? :shrug: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:
Figures you'd start ANOTHER Gutter ready thread, and entice us all in with a title such as "COBRASK8's First Show - Naked Pics!!!!"

Progress has been slow on this end.....I've started "surgery" on the front clip, but got stalled because my spot weld cutter was duller than a butter knife and it took a week to find another one local.:doh:

I've also got my 19 y/o nephew staying with me for the summer....he had to get away from the crowd he was hanging with, so my brother brought him here over the weekend.....now to find the boy a job. :rolleyes:

65stanger said:
Figures you'd start ANOTHER Gutter ready thread, and entice us all in with a title such as "COBRASK8's First Show - Naked Pics!!!!"

Progress has been slow on this end.....I've started "surgery" on the front clip, but got stalled because my spot weld cutter was duller than a butter knife and it took a week to find another one local.:doh:

I've also got my 19 y/o nephew staying with me for the summer....he had to get away from the crowd he was hanging with, so my brother brought him here over the weekend.....now to find the boy a job. :rolleyes:

If he's hanging with the wrong crawd then I can get him a good job, tell him to go spend 3 months at PI! :)

Dude...I saw the words "Naked Pics" and went YIPPEE!

Such a disappointment...

First, my large-ish Fuzzy friend posed this conundrum:
65stanger said:

....he had to get away from the crowd he was hanging with, so my brother brought him here over the weekend.....now to find the boy a job. :rolleyes:
Hmmmmm, could the boy be reasonably taught to operate a drill motor and the aforementioned spot-weld cutter? :scratch:

Then, one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children weighed in:
skywalker said:
If he's hanging with the wrong crawd then I can get him a good job, tell him to go spend 3 months at PI! :)

Dude, I'm not really sure you're presenting your strongest case here :rlaugh:

StangDreamin' said:
Dude, I'm not really sure you're presenting your strongest case here :rlaugh:

Hey, where else can you be guaranteed a roof over your head, 3 squares a day, a decent salary, educational benefits, medical and dental. The downside? You get yelled at a little bit, you have to work out (oooh boo hoo) and once in a while you MIGHT be shot at (depends on your job.) Your co-workers are generally kewl as hell and you're always stationed in places with lots of bars and women (well...unless you get sent to the stumps-only bars in the stumps-even YUMA had women!)

If you ask me, it's a no lose situation, you come out reasonably disciplined with money for school and in good physical condition. And geez...if you're worried about him hanging out with the wrong utes, then hey...what better place to guarantee he'll be with mostly stand-up guys?

If he's 19 and his parents have to take the initiative to send him somewhere, then I'd say that he lacks direction...anyone else know a better place for him to get some direction for life? I can think of one contender: college, but he obviously isn't to interested in that option.

skywalker said:
Hey, where else can you be guaranteed a roof over your head, 3 squares a day, a decent salary, educational benefits, medical and dental. The downside?

You forgot learning how to curse like a sailor, and drink like a fish. Man did the guys stink in formation after PT. All that alcohol just steamed off of them. :p I couldn't hang. After my 3 year enlistment I got out. While I was in the army I had a great job, worked with a great group of people, made some really good friends, saw parts of the world I thought I'd never see, got to drive M1 tanks around (drive one if you get the chance), learned alot about people and myself, learned what it means to be a good leader, and I never got shot at or had to shoot at anyone (I was lucky).

The down side was that I was in the army and property of the U.S. government. That combined with punks higher up in the chain of command who didn't have a clue and the fact that military life is hard on families was the reason I left. Besides you can, theoretically, make more money in the private sector.

Sky-
He already knows how to curse like a sailor, and he is between semesters at college.....he also flat out rejected the military option, and they would probably 4-F him d/t he is a diabetic. (has been since age 10)..........

I thought about putting him to work on sally, but he needs a PAYING job to reimburse his folks lawyers fees etc., etc.
t_chelle16 said:
OMG! Cobrask8's a nudist! Has she no shame?!?!:eek:

-Chelle
She obviously gets it from that household.......remember not too long ago Chepie was running around topless!
Dan just better hope Deanna doesn't get any ideas..........:nonono:

65stanger said:
Sky-
He already knows how to curse like a sailor, and he is between semesters at college.....he also flat out rejected the military option, and they would probably 4-F him d/t he is a diabetic. (has been since age 10)..........

I thought about putting him to work on sally, but he needs a PAYING job to reimburse his folks lawyers fees etc., etc.

you are giving him food and a roof over his head, no?

65stanger said:
She obviously gets it from that household.......remember not too long ago Chepie was running around topless!
Dan just better hope Deanna doesn't get any ideas..........:nonono:

if she does, do we get pics?

I dunno, sky.....you still haven't convinced me about the Marine Corps :rolleyes:
While you were sayingthings like:
skywalker said:
If you ask me, it's a no lose situation, you come out reasonably disciplined with money for school and in good physical condition. hey...what better place to guarantee he'll be with mostly stand-up guys?
Which sounds good; but then you also said:
Your co-workers are generally kewl as hell and you're always stationed in places with lots of bars and women
And, don't forget; you originally said:
skywalker said:

What's worse, you're starting to influence some of the younger leg-humpers around here:
65fastback2+2 said:
65stanger said:
Dan just better hope Deanna doesn't get any ideas.......... :nonono:
if she does, do we get pics?

Like I said, I'm sure you're presenting your strongest case here! :lol:

65stanger said:
Giving? NO!
In addition to finding a job, he has chores to do around the house and will be paying R&B once he gets his first check.............:nono:

Sorry to hear he is diabetic and yes, that makes him 4-F. Just trying to suggest something to help out.

I'd put him to work ont he car - job or no! You could use the help (if you disagree then send him to ATL, I could use the help there in my absence!)