Code 19 Question

rjpbboi

Jan 29, 2009
Massachusetts
I have trouble code 19 on my car. I checked the relay to the fuel injectors and it's good, over 12 volts. The next thing I was told to do was check pins 37 and 57, where are these pins. If they are on the computer how do I tell which ones I should check because when I overhauled the computer on my Trans Am there arn't any numbers and multiple plug in points, is it the same on the Mustang or will these pins be labled. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Code 19 - Engine off - No Vehicle Power (pins 37 + 57) or bad PCM VPWR Diagnosis. This is a wiring problem
that is from a bad ECC power relay, bad connection, bad fuse link or a bad computer. The ECC relay is located
on top of the computer under the passenger side kick panel. Pull the connector off any fuel injector and measure
the voltage on the red wire: if its 12 volts or better, the ECC relay is OK. If the ECC relay is OK, pull the kick panel
off and measure the voltage at pins 37 & 57. If it is 12 volts or more, then the computer's diagnostic firmware has
taken a dump and is defective.

Remove the passenger side lick panel and disconnect the computer connector.
There is one 10 MM bolt holding it in place.
Pull the connector all the way out of the computer so that you can see the computer side pins.
eec04.gif

Use the list from the graphic below to find pins 37 & 57

Diagram courtesy of Tmoss & Stang&2birds
88-91_5.0_EEC_Wiring_Diagram.gif