Codes/o2 Sensors/Worries

gibson89LX

Founding Member
Jan 28, 2002
Brunswick, OH
OK. Car started throwing a code, so I pulled them. o2 sensor Bank 1 Sensor 2 circuit failure.
Run up to autozone and snag a replacement. I toss it in, clear the code, take it for a spin for 20 minutes and no light.
Take her to work this morning. Light.
Pull the codes again, same code. Pull out the multimeter and test the wires headed up. They check out fine. Pull the fuse. Fine.

I'm going nuts here. Any ideas?:mad:

• Sponsors (?)

OK. Car started throwing a code, so I pulled them. o2 sensor Bank 1 Sensor 2 circuit failure.
Run up to autozone and snag a replacement. I toss it in, clear the code, take it for a spin for 20 minutes and no light.
Take her to work this morning. Light.
Pull the codes again, same code. Pull out the multimeter and test the wires headed up. They check out fine. Pull the fuse. Fine.

I'm going nuts here. Any ideas?:mad:

you might be losing your fuel pump. That will make it run lean no matter what the computer does, and it can assume that the O2 sensor is out of range although I more commonly see the usual lean bank 1 or whatever...

Otherwise either a bad new O2, or a wiring chafe problem somewhere.

you might be losing your fuel pump. That will make it run lean no matter what the computer does, and it can assume that the O2 sensor is out of range although I more commonly see the usual lean bank 1 or whatever...

Otherwise either a bad new O2, or a wiring chafe problem somewhere.
Doubt it's the fuel pump. That'd cause a code on the fore o2s, not the aft. Plus, it runs fine.
I hope it's not a bad new o2. They don't take those things back even if they're bad, simply because they're electronics :mad:

I'm thinking wiring, but the multimeter checked them out fine :shrug: