Coil over questions

techsan

Jun 9, 2003
Houston
Ok, i need to upgrade the front suspension on my 88 LX convt. I need to replace the stock springs, and get a good set of coil-overs so that i can lower the car. The rear suspension has been upgraded (control arms, springs, etc.) and the car looks kind of goofy with the front suspension not lowered.

I figure that while i am changing the springs i should swap the struts for a better set. I have seen that there are several different types of struts out there (koni, lakewood, tokico, bilstein, QA1). I am wondering if the relatively large price diffence, $100-250 per strut, between the brands is worth the investment. I don't mind paying for better stuff, i just want to make sure the more expensive struts are actually THAT much better.

I am thinking about going with the maximum motorsports or QA1 coil over kit. I think i need either Koni or Bilstein struts to work with the MM kit, unless i am reading their website wrong. Will any of the above struts work with the coil over kits from MM or QA1 :shrug:

Any information about the struts and/or suggestions about the coil over kits would be greatly appreciated. Also any good vendors that are quick and inexpensive will help, as tommie vaughn in houston doesn't carry coil over kits :bang:

• Sponsors (?)