Coil Over Shocks In Rear Question

Manewaymja2

Feb 11, 2009
Hi guys wondering if anybody running some double adjustable coil overs in the rear, stock location as i only use a 10.5 Tire. Thinking QA1 Dbl Adjstable with Coil Overs. Looking for suggestions on Spring Rate / Shock Extended Length / Valving.

Cars is Strickly Strip Now and probly weighs in at around 3700 lbs with me in the car. I have Coil Overs up front but just Lakewood 90/10's might change them out to. Right Now theres 50/50 LW in rear with stock Springs. I need more adjustment. I do Have an Antiroll Bar in the rear as well. Any Suggestions Please. What r you running.

Car is a Fox Body Mustang 89

• Sponsors (?)

If its a track only car I'd move the shocks in like a conventional coil over set-up, worth it ....

I like the Strange Stuff with their coils, right height and weight mean a lot when picking the proper spring.

Ah yeah the 1000 HP Build, well i finished the car and used a D1 Blower as that what i had and its now making 720 HP and im in the plan for the F2 Blower for this season but want to get some better suspension. Cars running 6.6'ish in 1/8th now but could use some more fine tuning and more seat time for me. The car is done and ill upload some pics. I did the Motor its rock solid Dart Iron Eagle Brodix Heads and custom cam. D1 Blower air to air cooler and F2 coming real soon with Cog Setup and water to air IC, it will make close 900 to the Tires and around 1000 to the fly wheel. Built 8.8 Rear End 35 Spline axles, Strange Brake Kit setup in rear and wilwood setup in front like i said i used the 50/50 LW and stock springs but will be switching once i scale the car. The Front Coil Over 90/10 with Travel limiters. Tubular Kmember Kooks 2" Headers with 3 1/2 collectos, TH400 built converter, Trans Brake and the list goes on. Manual Steering. I did build it just need some more boost to get there have all supporting Fuel upgrades and so on. Tuned by Ken Bjonnes at Diablo Sport, Using Moates Binary Editor on my A9L.
Yeah im gonna Scale the car i guess theres no ducking that.
Thanks

Oh Yeah forgot i will be front halfing the car as well with Fiberglass Clip very soon. The Cage will be upgraded to 12 Point and new Fiberglass dash going in. All Round Lexan as well and fiberglass trunk lid. I run a 10.5 W 28" Tire now and intend to stay 10.5. Its been over a year but my dad and i built it all with the help of allot of other people on that side like Alan Pope from Alan Pope Performance supplied the Trans and converter and shifter. Chapion Racing Heads, Mesa Balancing Short Block, Ken Bjonnes Tunner, Coolaid at Kooks Headers, Jason at HP Performance Cam and thats about it. Ill start post pics very soon for all the none believers.

See ive been recommeded 10-150 for my rear spring rates just want to be sure thats a good point to start at, remember stock Shock location and car has been on a diet not sure of numbers but a mild diet in rear. The rear seats pannels etc. fuel cell now and battery in rear, lexan glass and a diet hatch.

Looking for a good spring rate / length ???