Coilovers And Stock Struts/shocks

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by AUBURN1111, Oct 24, 2013.

1. 84Ttop

84Ttop They make new pistons every day, so why worry? SN Certified Technician

I can appreciate and certainly take the constructive criticism. I know personally in the past I used a 225 12" spring and leather wrapped both ends of the spring to keep it all quiet. That all worked very well for me on the street. I can also see the benefit to a light spring as well. I am currently using a 12 130 lb spring in my ttop car with travel limiters but that is getting into a whole different ball of wax.
  2. madspeed

madspeed Colonel Mustard Mod Dude Founding Member

Somewhere on a hill in the PA wildnerness
  3. AUBURN1111

AUBURN1111 Founding Member

Did not mean to start a posting war, thanks for all the advice. I'm planning on coil overs up front and some adjustable rear spring perches for the rear. Ground control used to carry them anyone know who else makes them?
  4. mikestang63

mikestang63 Mustang Master

wolfe racecraft makes some nice adjustable spring perches for the rear that you can weld in and use the smaller coilover springs. A far better setup than the coilover on shock that puts all the weight on the shock bracket when Ford never intended that. Guys have broken off the bottom brackets and left them stranded or worse.

http://www.wolferacecraft.com/detail.aspx?ID=848