Cold Air Intake Compatibility With Other Year Mustangs?

• Sponsors (?)

Nope. Ours is a two-year only black-sheep Mustang deal. They pretty much have to be made for our specific cars. You can always modify another year's system or just fabrication one from scratch.

The choices for cold air kits on our vintage is somewhat limited. Most just replace the factory air box / zip tube and are intended for the stock MAF size. This can be an issue if you're upgrading to a larger MAF sensor.

Here are some options: BBK makes a basic one. I don't know if Mac still makes one anymore, but it was similar to BBK anyways. JLT stopped producing their version several years ago (it was kind of pricey but could easily be modified for larger MAF sensors). American muscle has their own SR performance brand. C&L has a couple of options, but they usually include their own MAF housing and some people have had mixed results with the sensor element swap.

There is another company which makes one similar to JLT - I can't think of their name, where the MAF stays in the engine compartment (they don't relocated it into the fender). You can get it paint matched to your car which is kind of cool. The down side is that it's pricey and they don't provide the tube between the MAF and the TB, so your spending a lot of money and still have to fab up that section. I was thinking of getting their 2003/04 Cobra version for my car since it's set up for a 90mm MAF, but I'm concerned about how close it will place the MAF to the TB and how tricky it will be connect the two. I'll post a link to their site tomorrow, it's bookmarked on my work computer.

There may be more, but those are the big names that I can think of tonight. Let me know if you find any better options out there. I'd be interested in checking out some alternatives.

Reactions: 1 user