Cold Air Intake Newbie Question

DavidPR

Jun 25, 2011
Hello,

I have a 2012 Mustang GT. I am considering a CAI but I have some concerns about it.

I used to own an '08 Mazdaspeed 3. I installed a CAI but I did not like the high pitch whooshing sound it produced. Should I expect the same from my Mustang? Or was the sound like that mostly because the Mazda was a turbo?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Hello,

I have a 2012 Mustang GT. I am considering a CAI but I have some concerns about it.

I used to own an '08 Mazdaspeed 3. I installed a CAI but I did not like the high pitch whooshing sound it produced. Should I expect the same from my Mustang? Or was the sound like that mostly because the Mazda was a turbo?

Thanks

I dont hear the suction as much. ya when u hit the gas itll give a sound. just go onto youtube and type in 2012 mustang gt cai and lots of people have vids posted. you can either do that or i hear getting a k&n oem filter will help. but normally u dont hear the whoosh over the engine. especially if u have new exhaust and other parts. and last note. the sound may be different with different brands.