Cold Air intake Q's waiting for A's

Kronos

Apr 4, 2005
the boondocks
Hey fellas,

Been out of the loop for a while (good to be back by the way)
and i was just wondering if the K&N FIPK is worth the money or if there is something better out there I know there are a lot of opinions out there but I would like to here some testimonials too if possible.

Thanks
-Dave

• Sponsors (?)

remove the silencer and leave the stock filter, or go with a kn if you want, and call it a day. No need for a cold air kit, they really dont do anything.

I think KN and JLT are the only intakes that are worth a damn. The BBK kit is chrome, and it gets hot, the diameter is smaller too, while the JL is huge, and the K&N flares at the ends. Theres is a dyno somewhere on mustang forums.com that showed a consistant 4 HP loss with the BBK. and everything else out there is either chrome, low quality or too expensive.

I like my intake because it sounds cool, and looks good...i may of gained like 1 HP, but w/e. I'm sure it'll benefit the 75mm throttle body once i save up the money

Pollen owns

View attachment 320034

If you do get one stick with the JLT, from what I have heard it's the only one worth a damn...

I used to have the demolet tunable induction one and take it from me it was a piece of ****

CAI are pretty much for looks. You will gain maybe 5hp, nothing noticeable.
The only reason I have one is
1. looks
2. the "swooosh" sound when you turn the car off

I think it really depends on what your plans are for the car. If you plan on staying N/A get one from jlt. If you plan on boosting in the near future just get a k&n drop in it will pay for itself quick depending on how much you change your filter. Before i bought my aem brute force I changed my air filter every other oil change because of the dusty enviroment i was driving in every day.

After doing some data logging today I wunder what the IAT is with the stock intake compaired to any of the aftermarket CAIs? My IAT was around 135 today and it was over 90 today. anyone know?

JLT makes the best CAI on the market. So what if they only add 5hp. Its not like adding a catback adds anymore than 5 hp too. With that being said, I run a C&L kit because it looks nice under the hood & it gave me more power, but if I was to do it again I would go with the JLT because C&L's make the car run lean unless you get a dynotune & the JLT's make more power.