Cold Air Intake Suggestions

88foxbodyowner

Jan 4, 2015
Alight so I own a 1988 mustang and it does not have a maf conversation. I am planning on doing it but I don't have the money at this time. I do want to get a cold air intake for now but my problem is I will have to get a speed density adapter. Is there any intakes that are under $100 that will have an adapter like that or should I just wait until I do the maf conversion.

• Sponsors (?)

Alight so I own a 1988 mustang and it does not have a maf conversation. I am planning on doing it but I don't have the money at this time. I do want to get a cold air intake for now but my problem is I will have to get a speed density adapter. Is there any intakes that are under $100 that will have an adapter like that or should I just wait until I do the maf conversion.

Are you getting this for looks or a performance gain? They don't really flow better than stock air box

Reactions: 1 users
Keep the stock airbox unless going for looks.

You can go with a MAF setup if you pick one up. Here's my speed density '88 with an SN95 MAF and stock airbox. One day when I convert to Mass air, I'm ready.

ca3dba5125b353d28938207adf98ad8e.jpg

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I made my own out of 3" turbo piping and 90* silicone couplers. Runs into the fender like the Anderson power pipe. Cost for materials was under 50 dollars not counting the filter.

Reactions: 1 user
Mine worked wonders to even out my maf signal and smooth my idle. po put this short pipe on it and I was having issues with turbulence jacking my maf signal.

The biggest "CAI bang for the buck" I had on my 88 was this: March Performance Ram Air kit. I actually cold feel the difference in pedal response and power.
Couldn't fit after I did heads,cam intake and the blower though. So, it had to go. LOL
2013-06-01_09-57-48_630.jpg
2013-06-01_09-58-34_841.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
The biggest "CAI bang for the buck" I had on my 88 was this: March Performance Ram Air kit. I actually cold feel the difference in pedal response and power.
Couldn't fit after I did heads,cam intake and the blower though. So, it had to go. LOL
2013-06-01_09-57-48_630.jpg
2013-06-01_09-58-34_841.jpg

Ah yes, the old street cleaner CAI. lol I had one of those on my 87.. I had to put a screen in the opening as it sucked up every leaf and road debris it could find. Also, you have to be very careful driiving through any deep puddles or you run the risk of cavitating.

Ah yes, the old street cleaner CAI. lol I had one of those on my 87.. I had to put a screen in the opening as it sucked up every leaf and road debris it could find. Also, you have to be very careful driiving through any deep puddles or you run the risk of cavitating.

Yeah man! Thats, cool vintage old school stuff from back in the day right there. With a March Perf Ram air, underdrive pulleys, 2 chamber Flowmasters "welded into the stock exhaust", and a rear gear swap?! We had us a sho-nuff racecar back then.
Ahh those were the days.:cool: