Cold Air Intake?

• Sponsors (?)

Laser said:
I just got an 02 Mustang GT, and I want to add a cold air intake, but not sure which I should go with. Any suggestions?

save your money. CAI's are a waste...

I regret spending $100 on mine:rlaugh:

I say this because you'll get 2-3WHP gains. Gears will give you SOTP feeling

CAI don't really do too much power-wise.

I got a JLT mainly for looks when I show it because it looks awesome. Plus you can get it painted the color of your exterior...but it comes black. I kept it black and looks sweet. :)

Thanks for the props guys.
One thing that I find funny is when people say CAI's are not worth power.
Do any of you have documented proff of these comments??
I have many hours of dyno testing intakes with gains every time. This is not only true for our JLT intakes, but others we have tested as well.
Problem is the CAI on the GT is only worth 8-12 (JLT) RWHP. While this may not be a major SOTP power gain, it's a gain none the less.
Remember it all adds up in the end. Intake upper pleniums are worth about the same, but everyone recommends them 100%?:shrug:

Anyway, we have tons of customers who have writen back with the same 8-12 HP gains and 2-3 MPH in the quarter. This is a gain for ONLY a intake change, NO tune!

Thanks all

Jay:nice:

stangGT97 said:
Someone said once that the CAIs benefit the NPI engine more than the PI, I kind of wonder if that is true.

That should be the other way around, if its even true :lol: Both engines have the same stock intake tube, but the rest of the intake system: manifold, heads, cams, is much less restrictive in the pi motor, therefore, the pi motor should see more gain as you are replacing a part that is relatively more restricting to the pi motor vs the npi motor.