Cold air kit connectors.

Evil Ash

Apr 18, 2003
Kirkland
Does anyone know of a source for stepped cold air kit connectors?
I need a couple of 3 to 3.5 inch connectors. Some turbo place on the web wants over $30 each.
I'd just get a new kit or maybe someone here has a kit they want to sell?
Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Are you talking about the sleeves that hold the CAI to the MAF, etc.? I have one extra from my old Mac CAI (trashed it after it caused some problems for me) - you could have it (I'm down in Redmond). Also, I called Mac and ordered a 3.5" for like $12.00 - still seems unreasonably priced, but it's better than $30.00. You're welcome to what I've got.

Jay

If you dont mind them being black, you could try home depot or lowes for the black rubber connectors that ya use to put two sections of pipe together with. No bling factor, but functional.... I think they are about $4-$5 each.

DD

Thanks for the replies.
I couldn't find the plumbing parts that would work.
Thanks for the offer Jay. I actually stayed up late last night and modified my stock air box to accept the pro-m meter. So for now I have all the stock plumbing in place. I'll see how it runs tomorrow.
If it sucks I'd definately like to get the cold air back on there and would gladly give you some greenbacks for a sleeve that fit from my 3.5" pipe to the rear of the pro m.
The problem I'm running into is the pro-m is tapered. With the replacements engine a little more forward (1/8") than before that coupling is taking up the extra slack and the inner diameter becomes too small.
Then I need a second one for the air filter.

I'll see how it runs and get back to you Jay.
Thanks.

I had the same problem with the CAI & the 87MM Pro-M. I ended up modifying the pipe between the T/B & the MAF. If you need them, let me know - I don't need them - I wouldn't ask for any $$$ - they don't have any value to me.

Jay

Going to NorthWest tomorrow morning.
Signing off for now. Be back when babies allow.

I took the car out for a quick run yesterday with the stock intake tract. My friend that helped me swap the motor couldn't believe the power. He felt it was much faster than his friends 67 big block vette he also just helped build.
I probably don't need the cold air kit but maybe if we meet up sometime I'll put it together.