Cold Air Kit Suggestions

I've been doing some research on the web concerning cold air kits for 03-04 Cobras. It seems that the two top kits are the JLT and C&L kits. Has anyone had any experiences with either of these kits or maybe have either of the two installed. If so, do you know what kind of horsepower gains you picked up. Second question, this is my first supercharged vehicle and I'm still learning with it. When adding these types of bolt-ons (exhaust, CAI, pulleys, etc.)...at what point do I need to look at a handheld tuner? I've read in the past that supercharged vehicles can run "lean" when adding bolt-ons and need to be tuned. I just don't want to screw anything up with the engine or not get the best gains possible.

Thanks.....:shrug: :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Yea the C&L replaces the factory MAF with a larger one but the JLT will still outflow it, the JLT pipe is huge! I had one on my 03 Vert and saw 22 rwhp on the dyno with no other mods :nice:

Thanks...I believe the C&L does replace the mass airflow housing. I'll have to look it up again but, I think it mentions using a 90 mm MAF....Is that a bad thing?
Unless you plan on having the car professionally tuned as soon as it's installed, then yes it could be a bad thing. Using a MAF housing larger than stock without recalibrating will send a false signal to the cars computer and report less air than actual flowing into the engine. This can cause it to be lean a little. This coupled with other mods could make it leaner than you want. So unless you plan on getting the car tuned in conjunction with the C&L install I say skip it.

I like the JLT RAI over their CAI. Personally though I prefer to K&N because it's C.A.R.B. certified. I saw a gain of over 20RWHP with my FIPK.

*EDIT* Here's a report from a pretty reliable source of a K&N FIPK making 44RWHP on a bone stock Terminator. :eek:
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1086075&postcount=12

U.M.

Fitting issues with JLT CAI

Anyone have any fitting issues with JLT CAI and Strut tower brace?
Jlt cai fits great I also have PHP upper intake manifold spacer. Any suggestions on this matter for me. Or anyone else run into this problem?