Cold engine operating problems

When the car is cold, the motor will idle very eratically for a minute if I put it in gear to soon or change the throttle input around a lot... It basically wants to be left alone to warm up.. Also, if I'm on the gas a little bit when it's still cold, and suddenly back off the gas, it will want to backfire...and during cruising, it will make dull airy popping noises. I checked my exhaust and there are no leaks anywhere even though it's ungodly loud. I've been thinking I've got an EGR problem, but the valve is new. :shrug:

Oh and also, Trying to replace the vacuum line from my EVAP system, the piece at the end of the sensor/purge valve or whatever it is....it snapped off. So I plugged the manifold vacuum fitting, and it's venting to atmosphere right now. Car runs fine...but now when I get down to about 1/8th tank or so, I will throw a check engine light that pops up as Left O2 lean, right O2 lean. And this happens even when the engine is cold and in closed loop, meaning O2 sensors are NOT WORKING YET!

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any help...this thing runs like ass and I'd really like to get it as good as possible without bucking up for a dyno tune. Tranny first, then dyno tune. :banana:

• Sponsors (?)