Come list your planned modifications for the winter....

95riosnake said:
My budget is pretty tight this year:

Lower 1.5"
1.25" spacers for the rear wheels
New set of 275/40/17 BFG T/A KDW's

and probably take things off then strip them and repaint, as I'm sure you all know I do quite often lol.
what kind of spacers for the wheels are you getting? i really wanna get some for my rears, too, but i'm a little sceptical about safety/quality.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes it is a 347. Scat forged crank, eagle rods, diamond forged pistons, converted to a 750 holley double pumper with a Victor Jr single plane intake. Good ignition. Took about 2 weeks of work to get all the stock gauges to work again but got em' all. The car has gone 12.68 @ 114 but that was granny shifting and with the stock 2.73 gears. Horse power is unknown. Havent gotten around to dyno.....yet.

GTS347 said:
Yes it is a 347. Scat forged crank, eagle rods, diamond forged pistons, converted to a 750 holley double pumper with a Victor Jr single plane intake. Good ignition. Took about 2 weeks of work to get all the stock gauges to work again but got em' all. The car has gone 12.68 @ 114 but that was granny shifting and with the stock 2.73 gears. Horse power is unknown. Havent gotten around to dyno.....yet.

What heads? Nice times for junk 2.73's!

as long as i can use my uncles shop and my friends dads welder i am going to pull the motor
fill in all of the holes in my engine bay, then fiberglass and paint it
refresh the motor, fix my mystery oil leak where ever it is
get a new suspension (MM grip in a box?)
while the suspension is getting ripped out, i may undercoat my car with something so it doesnt rust out, Krown or spray in bed liner stuff....
re-do my interior, rug, cr1 seats, gauges, paint everything
and a tuning device whatever the budget and application allows
sounds like a lot of work but i am going to work 4 day weeks(40hrs) and use friday to work on my car or work a different job to fund my project. if i do this myself then i will save soo much money and ill be able to do more things while the roads are covered in snow (like they are now boooooo)
-fawcett

-sportsman based 327
-scat crank, rods, je pistons 8.5:1
-ported windsor gt 40's
-stock cam
-trickflow track heat, 75mm tb
-high volume oil pump, canton pan
-chp main girdle
-all arp hardware
-fluidyne 2 row and new water pump, ford racing blue hoses
-complete aeromotive fuel system, 55lb injectors, 92 mm draw thru meter
-1 5/8" turbo headers, 2.5" crossover and cold side piping, cartech front mount, tial 38mm wastegate, recirculated hks sequential bov, 3" downpipe, 2 magnapacks
-tko 600, spec stage 4
-masterpower t-70 @ 10-14psi
-sct tune

i may have forgot a couple things but thats pretty much it. I already have a bunch of the stuff listed there. not bad for an 18 year old eh?

nmcgrawj said:
Rich parents?:scratch:

I wish. I have to pay for everything myself. I bought the car when i was 16, insure it, pay for gas, etc. So yea i pay for it all. I took a year off from going directly into college so now i work full time. Instead of saving for college like i should be i spend it all on the car:Damnit:

94gts said:
I wish. I have to pay for everything myself. I bought the car when i was 16, insure it, pay for gas, etc. So yea i pay for it all. I took a year off from going directly into college so now i work full time. Instead of saving for college like i should be i spend it all on the car:Damnit:
:flag: i salute you for that, brother.

a couple weeks ago, Nacho (95vert) and i were hanging out at our local "cruise" street. we were parked outside b&n and this black 05 kept passing by us. a few minutes later it pulls up and parks next to us...3 punk kids get out. we get to talking about mustangs and what not, talking about mods and stuff. we come to find that the guy that owns it can't drive it and his two tools drive it around for him. i tried talking to the guy, you know, asking him how he likes his car and all, and he doesn't really answer me. instead he kinda mumbles and looks away--his friend has to translate. guess he wasn't right in the head or something and that's why his tools drive it for him. the one guy that was doing the talking was talking about doing this and that to the car as if it's his own and i'm thinking "isn't this NOT your car?" anyhow, he starts going off on how they've had it for a couple of weeks and they've already put in an exhaust system (which sounded niiice, btw) and were scheduled to get rims for it tomorrow. they looked pretty young so i asked if they were still in high school. "no." "are you guys freshmen in college?" "yeah" <ah, i see now. being the tooth-kicker that i am, i asked if they were drug dealers--3 18 year olds with an 05 GT, exhaust, couple of bolt-ons, and new rims & tires. what do i get? "no, HIS DAD pays for it all." here are these punks driving it around as if they built the car and payed for it themselves. sorry, but they ain't gettin much respect from me.

Well, at this point I just hope to have the car running again next year. My wife and I are expecting our first child in May and that is more important right now than what I had planned for the car. So my plans are STILL up in the air... man I need to win the lottery!

Ram000 said:
:flag: i salute you for that, brother.

a couple weeks ago, Nacho (95vert) and i were hanging out at our local "cruise" street. we were parked outside b&n and this black 05 kept passing by us. a few minutes later it pulls up and parks next to us...3 punk kids get out. we get to talking about mustangs and what not, talking about mods and stuff. we come to find that the guy that owns it can't drive it and his two tools drive it around for him. i tried talking to the guy, you know, asking him how he likes his car and all, and he doesn't really answer me. instead he kinda mumbles and looks away--his friend has to translate. guess he wasn't right in the head or something and that's why his tools drive it for him. the one guy that was doing the talking was talking about doing this and that to the car as if it's his own and i'm thinking "isn't this NOT your car?" anyhow, he starts going off on how they've had it for a couple of weeks and they've already put in an exhaust system (which sounded niiice, btw) and were scheduled to get rims for it tomorrow. they looked pretty young so i asked if they were still in high school. "no." "are you guys freshmen in college?" "yeah" <ah, i see now. being the tooth-kicker that i am, i asked if they were drug dealers--3 18 year olds with an 05 GT, exhaust, couple of bolt-ons, and new rims & tires. what do i get? "no, HIS DAD pays for it all." here are these punks driving it around as if they built the car and payed for it themselves. sorry, but they ain't gettin much respect from me.
yea i cant stand kids like that....in my town most of the kids have higher end cars like infiniti's, audi's, one bmw, a new s2000, and some other stangs.....and their parents all buy the cars for them....i saved all my money since i was like 5 to buy my car 2 summers ago....i only borrowed $200 for new back tires when i bought the car, and i payed that back in a week.....i worked my ass off all summer last summer, 40 hrs a week to pay off my debt on the accident, and i work a lil extra for mods.....hopefully by spring ill be paid off......

as for mods:
-new front seats..leaning towards black Jegs gs-1 sport seats
-H&R supersports
-MM c/c plates

in the late winter, early spring im gonna start stripping my car and prepping it for paint in mid spring....my grandma and dad want to get my car painted for me for my b-day/graduation present so im really excited...all i need body panel wise is a new driver's fender, cowl hood, and chin spoiler....

I want to get my front bumper repainted along with the decklid and spoiler. Im also going to clean up the engine bay by replacing all the stock bolt/screws with stainless ones and powercoating the acc. brackets. I may get a new hood too if the money is right.

1. finish installing the kenne-bell i started installing a month ago.
2. tune the new combo
3. install the m/m 4-bolt c/c plates i got 2 months ago
4. get my front bumper painted
5. recover the front seats
6. install the subwoofer sitting in the basement for a year
7. hook up the antenna so i can get radio stations
8. install 3.27 gears and sell the current 3.73 gears

Ram000 said:
what kind of spacers for the wheels are you getting? i really wanna get some for my rears, too, but i'm a little sceptical about safety/quality.

Either H&R or Eibach hubcentric spacers (the same product with either company's name on the box). Some people have had luck with other brands, but I don't wanna trust my life to a company I've never heard of before (imagine if one would somehow break goin down the strip or cruisin down the freeway...:eek: ). If you would wanna go for off-brand ones, make sure they are hubcentric.

95riosnake said:
Either H&R or Eibach hubcentric spacers (the same product with either company's name on the box). Some people have had luck with other brands, but I don't wanna trust my life to a company I've never heard of before (imagine if one would somehow break goin down the strip or cruisin down the freeway...:eek: ). If you would wanna go for off-brand ones, make sure they are hubcentric.
do h&r and eibach back their spacers up somehow? like "if our spacers break on you @ 80mph on the freeway, we'll give you $1,000,000!!!"? any type of insurance?