Comp Cams 262ah

• Sponsors (?)

Mine ticked only on start up if the car sat for a few days without being run, I think the hydraulic lash adjusters bled down and ticked for a bit until they filled back up with oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
The tick would not likely go away with a tune change. It is most likely a collapsed and dirty hydraulic lash adjuster. Mine would bleed down if it wasn't run for a few days and tick for a couple minutes on first start up. Sometimes they bleed down and just do not fill back up with pressurized oil if they get dirt or varnish buildup in side them.

Reactions: 1 user
The tick would not likely go away with a tune change. It is most likely a collapsed and dirty hydraulic lash adjuster. Mine would bleed down if it wasn't run for a few days and tick for a couple minutes on first start up. Sometimes they bleed down and just do not fill back up with pressurized oil if they get dirt or varnish buildup in side them.

Could that be the case with a new set ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Not Likely to happen with a new set unless there is a defective one or that they were not properly soaked in motor oil for a good day or so before installation. Normally they need to be soaked or bathed in oil so that they "fill" before being loaded under valve spring tension and before installation.

As far as your dying problem
On revs I do not think BAMA has tunes for mods such as cam changes. I've looked into thT when I did mine and at the time their tunes did not support cams other than stock. I had to have a custom dyno tune done on mine just so it would idle with the automatic. It was way lean on the stock tune, as well as the IAC needed recalibration and even with an 87 octane tune a lot of timing had to be added to get the best power. So you really need to sort out the ticking problem then get it to a tuning shop so they can get the time right for the cams and for you.