Comp Cams Roller Rockers Problems

elarm1

10 Year Member
Dec 17, 2010
N.Va
I bought these a while ago and never used them but never in a million years would I think they would give me problems. I have about 1000 miles on this build and decided that I would take a peak at everything just to make sure things were going well and boy I am glad I did! The Competition Cams Roller Rockers are breaking apart it seems. Three quarters of the c clips that hold the rockers in place were either missing or broken! WTF!!! What do you guys recommend as replacements for these pieces of junk?
photo 1.JPG
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

those clips are a known problem for most of the rocker companies right now. they probably all have the same supplier. comp will make it right. scorpion makes the comp ultra gold, but im not sure who makes the red one for them. ive got a set of ultra golds i was gonna use for my windsor, but since i got a set of shaft rockers i think im gonna run them since i have close to 600lbs of open spring pressure.

I called Comp and they said it was a known problem for them and that they have moved on to rockers without the c clips. They also said I could box them up to send to they for a discount of about 75 bucks(thumbs down). I wish I still had my receipt for them. The c clips they use can be found at any hardware store is what the tech told me but I don't think I will use them anymore.

Looking at them again? Are those Pedestal mounted rockers? I thought AFR's utilized a stud mount design? Come to think of it, those heads look an awful lot like iron, not aluminum? Which leads me to ask....what's your set up?

Reactions: 1 user
No.
Those are pedestal mount.

Thought so, but he seemed a little moody when I brought it up, so I didn't bother arguing. ;)

In any case, the wrong rockers on those head could certainly cause a problem like the above. Especially if he's running high spring pressures or cam profiles. Could cause them to dance around quite a bit.

I called AFR and in fact they are pedestal mount and they said I should have no problems using those rockers. I went to a hardware store to see if they had the locks and they did but not enough. I will be on my way to another to get the rest of the locks to give them one more chance. Thanks everyone for their help