compatible instrument clusters?

93GreenLX

Founding Member
Aug 22, 2002
Southern Maryland
I have a 93 2.3 that I converted using an 88 5.0. I used the 88 engine harness. Now I am in need of a new instrument cluster. I'd like the oil pressure and temps to be somewhat accurate....lol What options do I have and what's by best choice? Thanks. I'd spend a couple hundred if it meant aftermarket and accuracy.

• Sponsors (?)

Even if it was factory, the oil pressure and water temp gauges will be far from accurate.

If you want a factory cluster, and you are using the 90-93 interior harness...you will need a cluster from a 90-93.

I would suggest putting autometer water temp and oil pressure gauges on a pillar

I think the florida 5.0 is def out of what I was looking to spend...too much mod money there. I didn't change any interior wiring on my 93 but used an 88 harness. Just to be clear I still need a 90+ cluster right? any of the year better than others?

I have a 93 2.3 that I converted using an 88 5.0. I used the 88 engine harness. Now I am in need of a new instrument cluster. I'd like the oil pressure and temps to be somewhat accurate....lol What options do I have and what's by best choice? Thanks. I'd spend a couple hundred if it meant aftermarket and accuracy.

Have you tired to start the car? Cause a 88 harness won't work with a 93 dash harness.

Won't work. The PIN locations are in different spots.

Basically there are two year spans. 87-89 and 90-93.

If you used the '88's dash harness, and it's incorporated into the '88 engine harness perfectly. you need an 87-89 cluster