Complete color change?

BottleRocket

Dammit, why am I out of washer fluid again???
Founding Member
May 26, 2002
NC
Dunno if this is the right forum, but Im looking for an 89-93 coupe in black that has a blown motor or no motor at all. Im having an extremely tough time finding one, so i was thinking about just getting another one and painting it. how difficult is this and how much am i looking at spending?

• Sponsors (?)

BottleRocket said:
Dunno if this is the right forum, but Im looking for an 89-93 coupe in black that has a blown motor or no motor at all. Im having an extremely tough time finding one, so i was thinking about just getting another one and painting it. how difficult is this and how much am i looking at spending?

Did you already try ebay and the stangnet classifieds? That's where I usually find my projects cheap. BTW why did you sell the silver coupe. That was a sweet car from what I remember. :shrug:

Done well, a complete color change is a real pain. Think about all the disassembly that's required to properly paint inside the complete trunk/hatch area, door jams, engine compartment, removing all the glass, etc. Paint costs are all over the board anyway depending on who does it, how quickly you want it done, how much time they take getting it mirror smooth, etc. But a well done color change is gonna tack a good bit extra on because so much has to be taken apart and put back together.

i think ill hold out for a black one

yeah i checked everywhere. I need an original 5.0 5sp in black. I really want a coupe. havent seen one yet thats just a roller or has a blown motor :(