Compression Test numbers !!!!

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by juicedstang1, Dec 4, 2003.

1. juicedstang1

juicedstang1 Founding Member

Here were my compression test numbers all 8 cylinders hit pretty much dead on at 150ps1 also I had a friend crank it while i watched the gauge the first compression cycle the gauge went to 140 or so and then on the following 3 rose to the 150 psi marks on pretty much all cylinders.

Is this good news and numbers look at ym mods and my car has 93k on it. let me know thanks also the car was warmed up a lil but not fully warm and i did have him hold the pedal to the floor during the test.
  2. stang_gt_1994

stang_gt_1994 Founding Member

Looks pretty good. A lot higher then mine, but I got 184K miles. If you don't mind me askind, why did you hold the gas pedal down?
  3. juicedstang1

juicedstang1 Founding Member

it says to in the manual you get higher compression and true numbers that way this could be the reason why your numbers were lower
  4. snakeIs

snakeIs Founding Member

Yes, you must hold the throttle wide open for an accurate comp test.

Numbers look great for a motor with almost 100k. As a rule of thumb, a peak number isn't what you are looking for in a compression test, you just want all cylinders to be within 75% of the highest cylinder and you have a healthy motor.