Compression Test Results?

Ares67Coupe

Jun 16, 2004
Nor Cal
I did a compression test on my car today, cold of course. Motor info is 302 bored 60 over. Weiland Stealth Intake, Edelbrock 600 CFM carb, Port and Polish Stock Heads, oversized Intake and Exhaust Valves, Hooker Super Comp headers, connected to 3" piping, to Flowmaster Series 40 mufflers, 9.5:1 Compression, and a cam, Hydraulic flat tappet, Intake Duration 050 inch Lift 218, Exhaust Duration 050 inch Lift 228, Advertised Intake Duration 276, Advertised Exhaust Duration 286, Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio 0.471, Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio 0.471, Lobe Separation (degrees) 114.

Here are the results in JPEG ghetto drawing format! Just curious is this sounds correct or not, I am particularly used to high compression honda motor compression tests which put out almost 250 without even trying.

If I am in the cool, than alright, if I need to open her up than let me know. Thanks. :flag:

CompressionTest.jpg
[/IMG]

• Sponsors (?)

typically an engine is considered good as long as each cyl. is within 10% of the highest. most high performance motors have a low cranking compression. so 120 to 132 is good. this number is determined by valve timing and has little if nothing to do with the static compression ratio. it is more a function of the cam grind. i believe your engine is healthy as is.