computer check help!

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah with a scanner. Take it to any Auto Zone or Advanced Auto and they'll scan it for free. But lemme guess, it's not running...? If that is the case, you need a friend with a handheld tuner (Diablo Predator or SCT device) and they can do the same scan...

PCMs are far too complex to give a single, pat answer. I'd agree with the previous two posters, perhaps in reverse order: First, tell us exactly what's going on and second, as a baseline, hooking a scan tool up will tell you an enormous amount of information. They key is understanding what you're looking at...

ok yeah.. u guys are right... was too brief on the post..

'01 gt, 111000 miles..

ok, i am having problems w 4 cylinders not firing. cops and plugs are working fine. i ran all the checks i could to troubleshoot this part, and so far all this is working fine. im not getting enough voltage/amperage to #1,2,3, and 7 cyl causing them not to fire. ran continuance check on the wires and seems to be fine. now im on that part where the wiring goes from the firewall to the computer. i dont think its gonna be that section of the wiring (hopefully) giving me trouble since its inside the car (dash area), so i narrowed it down to the computer.... any suggestions will be well appreciated and taken into consideration. thanks!

my computer went bad 99 gt at over 100,000 miles we got weird codes one cop wouldnt fire & one fuel injector wouldnt spray ....spent a full day swithing parts untll the mechanic gave up & sent me a few blocks away another shop with the big machine ..... computer is bad he said ordered one my mechanic trusts him & said just let him fix it ....he ordered one installed it & in a few days I was on the road again probably have another 10,000 miles by now he said its not all that rare a lady had a Honda same problem so like laptops or any other computer they do go bad ........ good luck ask around to see if there is an honest mechanic with the big machine as the OB2 & other stuff will not pick up the tough ones

my computer went bad 99 gt at over 100,000 miles we got weird codes one cop wouldnt fire & one fuel injector wouldnt spray ....spent a full day swithing parts untll the mechanic gave up & sent me a few blocks away another shop with the big machine ..... computer is bad he said ordered one my mechanic trusts him & said just let him fix it ....he ordered one installed it & in a few days I was on the road again probably have another 10,000 miles by now he said its not all that rare a lady had a Honda same problem so like laptops or any other computer they do go bad ........ good luck ask around to see if there is an honest mechanic with the big machine as the OB2 & other stuff will not pick up the tough ones

hey man, did u have to get it flashed? how much did that cost u? how much did you pay for the new one?

never had computer flashed the car is stock & I take good care of it , the whole job was like $500 I left it at the shop & came back when it was ready , the car was still running but poor ....... sometimes things happen I quess thats why some shops go for that big machine its like $100 to check the car even if you dont want them to fix it ......

ok yeah.. u guys are right... was too brief on the post..

'01 gt, 111000 miles..

ok, i am having problems w 4 cylinders not firing. cops and plugs are working fine. i ran all the checks i could to troubleshoot this part, and so far all this is working fine. im not getting enough voltage/amperage to #1,2,3, and 7 cyl causing them not to fire. ran continuance check on the wires and seems to be fine. now im on that part where the wiring goes from the firewall to the computer. i dont think its gonna be that section of the wiring (hopefully) giving me trouble since its inside the car (dash area), so i narrowed it down to the computer.... any suggestions will be well appreciated and taken into consideration. thanks!
Suggestion. Check the engine harness connector located on right side near the firewall. It is a large square connector with a bolt through the middle. All of the controls for the COP's, fuel injectors, and most everything else (engine wise) goes through it.

Look for bent/dirty pins. The post did not state if the continuity tests were run through this connector.

Not a bad idea to clean with an electrical cleaner (do not use brake clean). After cleaning, re-grease with di-electric grease like used for spark plugs. Also not a bad idea to look around for any other connector damage (including the PCM itself).

Has there been any other recent work done?