Computer guru's... need help

Hey guys i have an problem with my comp.. When i put a CD in, i hear the cd spin, but nothing happens.. If i try to start the game, still nothing happens.. Its really strange. Do you guys think this is a driver problem or an issue with the dvd drive itself?

Im not too computer savy so bear with me here. I pulled the side cover off and everything seems hooked up fine.

Thanks for any help :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

Try this:

Put the cd in, wait 30 seconds then:

Click 'My Computer' > Right click d: then click open

If nothing happens try rebooting your PC and going thru the same method. Still if nothing happens I'd say your cdrom drive is fubared.

If you right click on the drive with the disk inserted, can you explore the files? If so, does the disk have an autorun.inf file? There's a possibility of it not starting if it doesn't. It also may not automatically start if you've disabled any autorun features (eg. tell the computer to take no action when inserting a certain type of cd).

Try browsing the drive first, and make sure you aren't trying to browse a dvd on a cd drive. If you've done that see if you can see any other CD's with that drive. If you can't the CD drive is dead. If you can then you have a bad CD.

ahh alright thanks for all the replies! It seems to be just a particular game i was trying to play.. It just wont work with that game.. It seems to work fine with other cd's and games though.. Im gonna try to reinstall the game and see what happens.