Computer Harness question

1990Coupe

Founding Member
Mar 11, 2002
Toms River NJ
I have an 89 LX 5.0. Previous owner took the Engine, Computer, and Computer harness.

I'm pretty sure that you can only put an 89 harness back into the car since its first year mass air and no airbag - but why wouldn't a 1990 harness work? Plugs on the driverside firewall are the same, the only thing the harness has that the car doesn't is plugs for the airbags. So what if i don't hook them up do you think this harness could be compatible?

• Sponsors (?)

it will work man. 88-89-90 mass air cars will all work. they have the dual grey/black connectors where 91+ have the single brown. just unplug the air bag connectors and trash them. been there done that a few times.

it will work man. 88-89-90 mass air cars will all work. they have the dual grey/black connectors where 91+ have the single brown. just unplug the air bag connectors and trash them. been there done that a few times.

SWEET!!

I was struggling cause i had like 5 connections to harnesses from a 1990 car but nothing for an 89 car - after researching a bit i didn't see why a 1990 harness wouldn't work. Thanks BK!! :nice:

plugs on the steering column will be different, atleast they are on mine. i just took the harness out of my 90 and am in the middle of putting everything into my 89 and there are a few plugs that are mia now which i assume is the air bag related but for the most part it was pretty easy ... good luck