Computer

ghostang93

Mar 26, 2007
Pace, FL
Does anyone know if the Cardone replacement computers are any good? I'm grasping at straws to fix my WOT problem. I'm hoping the previous owner had the ECU tuned to his supercharged engine that was previously in the car.

• Sponsors (?)

You cannot readily flash a fox III puter, so if you don't see a chip or an interface, chances are that you are ok. And honestly, I'd not look at the puter as a reason for a WOT issue in general. But no info is known.

Good luck.

^What he said...

Pull the codes, and see what the computer thinks.

If there isn't a chip, then it probably hasn't been tuned.

Describe the 'WOT problem'
The ecu is the not a common failure...

jason

I posted my problem a few days ago, but I can't find the post. Basically it breaks up when i stomp on the gas. Only full throttle and above 3500. It acts and runs great at part throttle. Only codes it showing are the emissions junk that's not on there. Thermo, EGR, ect.. Plugs, wires, msd, tfi module, MAF are all good/clean. Fuel pressure set at 40psi w/o vacuum hooked up, I've lowered and raised it slightly to no effect. Pressure does not drop under WOT either. Timing is set to 12 w/o spout.

Edit: By the way, Although there is a rectangle cut into the side of the computer, I don't see a chip.

I posted my problem a few days ago, but I can't find the post. Basically it breaks up when i stomp on the gas. Only full throttle and above 3500. It acts and runs great at part throttle. Only codes it showing are the emissions junk that's not on there. Thermo, EGR, ect.. Plugs, wires, msd, tfi module, MAF are all good/clean. Fuel pressure set at 40psi w/o vacuum hooked up, I've lowered and raised it slightly to no effect. Pressure does not drop under WOT either. Timing is set to 12 w/o spout.

Edit: By the way, Although there is a rectangle cut into the side of the computer, I don't see a chip.

No chip does imply that there has been NO tune done.

I'm at a loss...
It may help if you post the code numbers?

jason

FWIW, what you described can be due to a bad coil, TFI or too large of a plug gap.
For the former two, I'd not buy new parts, but if you're a packrat, you might have spares to try out.

It sounds like you swapped the plugs out from whatever plugs and gap were run for the blower, but I figured I'd ask.

Good luck.

Yes, the the plugs and wires are new. And you're right, I'm a packrat and have extras and have swapped them already. I am running the stock gap size for my heads, .042 i think is what explorers call for.