concerns with stroking to 347/352

dieselkiller

Aug 4, 2004
austin TX
ok heres the deal, i have a reman 302 in my 94gt which i purchased from pep boys(i know i know but i had a commercial account at the time) that is .060 over. it has been driven for less than 10k and you can still see the hone markings. my concern is weither or not it will hold up with a 347 which will actualy be a 352 with the 4.060 bore. im not lookin to nos it or blow it just natural with the holley systemax II setup(heads cam chain intake). or would i just be better off getting a 5.8 shortblock? if so what is involved in the conversion(i know there are probably posts on that but just a breif synopsis with about how much it will cost and whats involved)?

• Sponsors (?)

I"m no builder or machinist but if the block was sonic checked that it can be bored that far, you should have no problems. Regardless, its not like a virgin 302 block is hard to find since all you need is the block anyway. You can easily find a virgin roller 302 for $100-$200.

I would piece together a GOOD hci package.

Grn92LX said:
I"m no builder or machinist but if the block was sonic checked that it can be bored that far, you should have no problems. Regardless, its not like a virgin 302 block is hard to find since all you need is the block anyway. You can easily find a virgin roller 302 for $100-$200.

I would piece together a GOOD hci package.

hell i got an extra one laying around for good measure:rolleyes:

No I was actually being seriuos , I removed an engine out of an f150 a few years ago the motor had like 200k on it I was going to build that but since i remove the one out of my own car I rebuilt that one instead. So i still have that old seasoned block in my back yard under a tarp.

So no I wasnt being a d!ck. Sorry if you took it that way I just have that one as a spare incase I or anybody needs it.