Confused about MAF's?

cmills26

Nov 26, 2003
I have a 95 Cobra with 24# fuel injectors. I have been reading alot about MAF's and I am confused about what one to get. People are saying that I should get one that is calibrated for 19# injectors and the cobra computer will adjust it for the 24# ones. But others are saying to get the MAF that is calibrated for 24's. Can anyone clear up this mess for me? I don't want to buy the wrong one! Thanks!!

• Sponsors (?)

cmills26 said:
I have a 95 Cobra with 24# fuel injectors. I have been reading alot about MAF's and I am confused about what one to get. People are saying that I should get one that is calibrated for 19# injectors and the cobra computer will adjust it for the 24# ones. But others are saying to get the MAF that is calibrated for 24's. Can anyone clear up this mess for me? I don't want to buy the wrong one! Thanks!!

I believe the 95 Cobra computer compensates for the 24# injectors, I think you need to get the MAF cal'd for 19# injectors. Hopefully someone else can chime in on this one.

Exactly right... Both the Cobra and the GT share the same MAF sensor (same part number as well)... All the transfer fuctions are taken care of in the computer... Before I realized I had a Cobra computer in my 95GT, I bought a MAF for 24# injectors, and the car ran way lean... the car ran like crap, and it made some popping noises.. (yuck)... I eventually found out the previous owner put a Cobra Computer in, and that I already had 24# injectors... (nice)...

I was just gonna say exactly what Killer95Stang said.

The MAF just supplies data, it knows nothing about the injectors. The computer knows the size of the injectors, and handles all the math. If you keep this in mind, you can tell what kind of "calibrated" MAF you should buy. :nice:

Dave

i dont mean to steal his thread or anything, but i have a 90 with 24#'s an my pro-m maf just took a crap on me. As far as i know it has the stock computer in it. Any recommendations for a maf for it?? Its got gt40 lower, explorer upper, 306, 75 mm throttle body, 24#'s, etc..

The best meters out their are the Pro-M77 or the Pro-m 80mm... Otherwise, the rest are pretty much the same (hit or miss)... Unfortunetly, they are pricey...

For starters, I would ditch the 75mm Throttle body, because if you don't have a huge blower, its way to big for your 306, and head combo... a 65mm would be better suited...