Congrats Paul!!

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats Paul, can't wait to see the shot of your wife...er....stang :p . I'll pick up the issue as soon as i can, Kingston Ontario seems to have a chevy fetish (that's almost worse than a love for naked midgets) but I'm sure if i check enough places I can pick up a 5.0 mag somewhere. Good job with 18 pages, man, that's incredible. :nice: :hail2: :hail2:

so how did u get noticed? was it at the NMRA race when you put your car in? i know they were there for that. or was it before that. I'm interested in how they found you and such.

Thanks again guys!
I like that "setting the bar" for the most pages... :rlaugh: Like I said, I asked how much was too much to provide, and they told me that I couldn't provide too much. I think they regretted saying that! Hey, what can I say, I had been waiting for years for this and had a lot of details and stories about the car!

Mike- I don't know what determines who makes the cover, I wish I did though.

JR- dude, it can't be long before your gracing the pages yourself, along with Mike. ;)

xr8d302- my wife has been asking if anyone said anything about her... funny thing is she is sort of embarrased to be in there, but deep down I think she loves it too! I thought more people would have commented on her being in there, maybe when everyone gets the mag they will.

ProKiller- My car had been photographed months before the NMRA event. I don't know if you remember or not back in the March issue of 5.0 my car was in the showcase section of 5.0. I had kept in contact with Michael and kept him updated with my mods and times. Shortly before a trip to MD he emailed me and told me to have the car ready for a full feature! I had JUST gotten my wheels like 3 days before the shoot. Here's the showcase section pic...

paulinmagazine.jpg

Who'da thought that a "drag racer" could make his car look good enough to be one of the featured cars in a magazine?

Congrats, Paul. That's a very well deserved accomplishment.

Now...for them 11's... :D

Joe

nmcgrawj said:
Good job Paul like i said before! What did the dyno on the BBK intake look like?

Looks like it's about the same as the stock intake up to 3800 rpm's, then it really picks up. It didn't loose hardly any low end torque. The biggest drop was -7 ft.# @ 1600.
stock: 233hp@4850/289tq@3600
BBK: 265hp@5100/296tq@4100

Congrats Paul! Time to do a little "decorating" on a wall somewhere in your house. New Bar: "featured in 5.0 TWICE"
...Mike and JR should and probably will be in, but they've got some catching up to do... :nice:

Congrats Paul....Just got the issue today...here im flipping thru the front contents and see this Yellow Eddy intake??? Man that looks familer??? Then I came across the article...Cool... :nice:
I seen Rels last month...Must be a Yellow thing... :D
Tell your wife I like those jeans...Nice fit... :banana: