CONGRATS SCOTT/BLACKHOLEHUNTER 9.8

cubicgator

Jul 23, 2003
congrats to scott james for running a 9.8 at 138mph tonight crazy fast with a stock 302 bottom end. it was fun at pir even with small heads up turn out, you guys misse a great time of p.s. and racing. i beleive will/turbosnake also ran a 11.9 and my dad also ran his first 11.9 . we had a bad night with AFP coupe it blew a headgasket first pass, think i got her a little hot last weekend. oh well time for birtha to go in know that scotts pushed the bar into the 9's here we come scott later wally/

• Sponsors (?)

that was the coolest race i have ever seen. it was well worth the 8 bucks i paid to watch. congrats on hitting 9's scott. that guys engine was built to the nuts and your running the stock 302 bottom and you were right there with him. much love for the blackholehunter.
tony

blackholehunter said:
Maybe the fastest stock bottom end in the NW but I doubt fastest 5.0 in the NW. It would be a cool moniker though. :D

I have video of the pass. I'll post it later tonight or tomorrow. :nice:

Scott
I bet it is definitely the fastest 302 ci in the NW. :nice:

And very soon he will have the record for the fastest pass with Dual 151 ci. Inline 4's!!! :D

Congrads, Scott... I'm psyched to see the video.

I want you all to know that the weather stayed nice out there because of me. I learned along time ago that if the weather is so-so, I can make it rain by putting the ET Drags on the car, and make it clear up by leaving them off. I had a feeling y'all were wanting to run, so I left the tires off and hung with some out-of-town visitors. Perfect weather! ;)

hopefully I'll see y'all next friday. What then, Scott? 9.5? ;)

chris

The other car was Doug Lyons, it's a tubbed and back-halved late 60's camaro with a 540bbc and two stages of nitrous.

Great run scott, was pretty cool to see from the tower but the perspective from the starting line is much better.