Consequences?....

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by PuppyDawg, Jan 5, 2004.

1. PuppyDawg

PuppyDawg New Member

Hey guys....i purchased this 88gt from this kid (that obviously did know what he was doing) that had all sort of things wrong....like for one it has 7 8mm spark plugs wires on it....and on of them is a 8.8mm and a different brand. What will this do?....Is this the cause for my poor gas mileage, and surging while idle? ....
  2. sleeper89

sleeper89 New Member

i don't think so, but i'm sure the car could use a good tune-up anyhow. why not change the plugs/wires/cap & rotor and see if you still have the problems. probably would be a good idea to pull the error codes as well.

-steve
  3. mike keirstead

mike keirstead New Member

I had one side 8.8 accels and the other side 8mm fords for a few weeks until i got new ones. That would have no effect of anykind....at least it didnt for me.

Just do what sleeper89 said...tune up and go from there.
  4. djk8705

djk8705 New Member

how do u Pull the codes???
  5. PuppyDawg

PuppyDawg New Member

good point.....how DO you pull up codes? ....on another note Damn djk8705......the stang's looking hella tight....i love those rims....and there's nothing like driving stang back to back.....black on black....
  6. mike keirstead

mike keirstead New Member

Need a diagnositics computer...any shop would have one.
  7. hllon4whls

hllon4whls BANNED Founding Member

As long as the wires are all in good shape, there would be absolutely no noticable difference. The egr, and IAC probably are caked up with miles of crud. But take it to autozone and they will pull the codes for free. You can do a search here pulling codes. There is a trick where you dont need the scanner, but you need to know what the flashing check engine light means.

You do need to do a tuneup. Accell makes some good stuff and it is available at the boys o' pep and the zone. I also like borg warner select rotors and caps. They use brass instead of aluminum. (Pep boys).
  8. HISSIN50

HISSIN50 "How long does it take to get help in here? SN Certified Technician

Hllon, how did you make the word "engine" highlight to sell stuff? thats probably something new here (ads in the threads. great).

as mentioned by my bud, Hllon, do a search for the user name "jrichker". he lists 3 sites for dumping them with no tools, scanners, etc.

good luck.