Considering Nitrous

• Sponsors (?)

im not a fan of dry set ups. i dont agree with the way they are ran. im a firm believer in getting the car to run balls out on motor (MPH wise.. converter for nitrous is a metric assload tighter). then going off that tune up as your base nitrous tune up pulling XX degrees of timing for XXX jet set up. and all fuel for the nitrous side is controlled by the flowing pressure of the system or the fuel jets.

Save those antics for the track.

If he's saving those antics for the track there would be no point in getting the nitrous in the first place, since it may only see track duty once a year. Most people i know that say track once a year mean never.

Powerful light cars take alot of practice to drive. His car sounds like a handful from the get go.

Clement makes a point, how much faster on the street is the car going to be with 125 shot? Probably none, lack of practice with that extra power (with an SC you drive it every day the same way, so you are always practicing) coupled with tires that won't be warmed up from a burnout probably will yield worse results instead of better. You just don't know how the car is going to behave.

Nitrous just has no place in anything but organized racing (whether it be track or street).

The guy with the most power doesn't always win the race.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
My bottle heater works great. 950 psi all the time.

Kurt

all about nano...to me way better the a heater....I have had both and the Nano is a no brainer....so why you have to wait for the bottle to warm up I open the nano im at perfect pressure until empty with a bottle heater you loose power as the bottle get empty I don't.....but to each there own.....

NANO Nitrogen Assistance for Nitrous Oxide

View attachment 122216
396-0130110.gif

NANO eliminates the performance variations in your nitrous oxide system caused by constantly changing bottle pressures and temperatures. Bottle pressure is no longer an issue. Simply connect the NANO system, it instantly compensates for these variations so you get the full power potential of nitrous oxide power every time you hit the button and it utilizes the entire contents of the nitrous bottle.
Benefits
  • Average 25% HP increase from your nitrous system
  • No more bottle heaters
  • Maintains perfect nitrous bottle pressure and nitrous density
  • Doubles your run time from a single nitrous bottle fill
  • Easily installs in 30 minutes, no electrical connections
  • Consistent performance from your nitrous system every run
    NANO doubles the runtime from a single nitrous bottle refill, traditional nitrous systems can only utilize about half the nitrous in the bottle. NANO's technology can utilize the full contents of a nitrous bottle without any loss in power.
    Quicker ETs with NANO, no more deterioration of power as your nitrous bottle empties. You get the same power response every time whether your nitrous bottle is full or almost empty.
    Increased Performance
  • Constant HP throughout the race, No drop in power
  • Consistent performance every run, Each run feels the same
  • Flows the same mass of nitrous all the time, even when bottle temperature and pressure varies
  • Utilizes all of the nitrous in the bottle, Doubles the number of runs
  • Consistent N2O flow allows for more precise tune, Tune it and forget it Easy to install... Bolts on in 30 minutes
  • Kit comes complete with all necessary parts
  • Easy to use universal mounting brackets
  • Completely mechanical, No electrical connections Easy to Use
  • System works with HPA (High Pressure Air) or NPN (High Pressure Nitrogen)
  • Fill your NANO bottle at local paintball stores, SCUBA shops, welding supply companies or fire equipment service and certification companies Flexible and Adaptable
  • Adjusts automatically to any nitrous tune from 30HP to 550HP
  • Fits any US made manufactures aftermarket system
  • Works perfect with any type nitrous controller

Reactions: 1 user
If he's saving those antics for the track there would be no point in getting the nitrous in the first place, since it may only see track duty once a year. Most people i know that say track once a year mean never.

Powerful light cars take alot of practice to drive. His car sounds like a handful from the get go.

Clement makes a point, how much faster on the street is the car going to be with 125 shot? Probably none, lack of practice with that extra power (with an SC you drive it every day the same way, so you are always practicing) coupled with tires that won't be warmed up from a burnout probably will yield worse results instead of better.

Nitrous just has no place in anything but organized racing (whether it be track or street).

The guy with the most power doesn't always win the race.
Oh I agree with the "most power doesn't always win the race" and it being a street car. But when I was young and stupid I made a lot of money with my nitrous fed 89(more than filled my bottle for the summer) and was very used to the extra power. All I'm saying is it's perfectly fine as a power adder and great for grudge racing. Realistically why do we add any power adder for street driving in the first place? If anybody already has 250-350 hp in our cars they can be a handful on the street if they drive stupid. I'm not debating one is better than another. I don't care what anybody runs in their car(except when I'm racing them). And you're right he probably won't take it to the strip much.

Hell whether you want to save money and buy the nitrous setup or spend the money and get a turbo, sc, etc. At the times or power levels you want to run, you'll end up spending the money you'd save on just running nitrous, 2 maybe 3 fold.

But when I was young and stupid I made a lot of money with my nitrous fed 89(more than filled my bottle for the summer) and was very used to the extra power.

I let the money races fall under the "organized racing" catergory, if used for that i can agree with it. At a money race you warm the tires right? Making your car more predictable, can't remember the last time i saw someone heat up their tires at a stop light.

Regardless i'm too old at this point to be in trouble for a setup street race. Not sure how i would explain that to my friends and family.

He said "15 years ago" (or something like that), so i'm guessing he is too old for organized street racing too. Couple that with he's only going to the track once a year, leads me to think he would just be throwing money away on the nitrous.

Remember too, you can have fun with SC any time the road opens up, even if it is just for that thrill of going full throttle or breaking the tires loose at 50mph.
Nitrous has one purpose and one purpose only, racing.

Last edited:
this is going to sound strange but 950PSI isnt always the same amount of flow...

depending on elevation 950PI could be high or low.

we went off bottle temp for the most part since 90 degrees is 90 degrees where ever you are

The term you are looking for is density altitude. The heater adjusts to gauge pressure, so density altitude is not a factor. I'm not saying that NANO technology isn't worth the money, but I highly doubt it would make any noticable difference on a small jet. If it's a big shot where the bottle depletes quickly it might be an issue. I don't know how it is for everyone else, but my pressure drops from 950 to 925 in 1/4 mile. Flow consistency is just not an issue.

Kurt

This alone says a lot...guess you didn't read the whole article.[..Average 25% HP increase from your nitrous system] from 50hp to 550 hp...that means you will gain that across the board from any jet size...in my book that's extra hp...like I said I used the bottle heater too...the nano is just a hell of a lot better way of doing it...no switches no power draw...leaves you a full bottle til the end...I don't care what you say once you use some of the bottle the heater does only so much..IMO....there is no way its keeping it the same as when the bottle was full...But with the nano Kit...it makes it the same from full to empty....Oh yeah and there is also no way you getting more runs form the same bottle with a heater VS nano Kit...right there its a plus you say might get 6 runs...Vs double that with a nano kit...

This alone says a lot...guess you didn't read the whole article.[..Average 25% HP increase from your nitrous system] from 50hp to 550 hp...that means you will gain that across the board from any jet size...in my book that's extra hp...like I said I used the bottle heater too...the nano is just a hell of a lot better way of doing it...no switches no power draw...leaves you a full bottle til the end...I don't care what you say once you use some of the bottle the heater does only so much..IMO....there is no way its keeping it the same as when the bottle was full...But with the nano Kit...it makes it the same from full to empty....Oh yeah and there is also no way you getting more runs form the same bottle with a heater VS nano Kit...right there its a plus you say might get 6 runs...Vs double that with a nano kit...
I'm definitely going to look into this. Thanks for the info:nice:

Here is also a plus to a nano kit being its 3o degrees can you go turn you bottle on and have good pressure right now??? you can with the bottle heater but how good is it really???...Me I can go out to the car right now turn the bottle on and guess what instant 1000 psi....not bad LOL.....just way better IMO....

I don't buy it. If it's making 25% more power, it's because it's spraying 25% more nitrous. That's like those cold ait kits that say they give 60 more hp. Constant pressure doesn't give you a 25% increase. It's against the laws of physics. I understand the principles of the system, and I think it's a good idea. For the average Joe though, I think your money is better spent elsewhere. Like on an automatic timing regard, a window switch, or a purge valve. The automatic valve opener is nice to have, but it is basically a gimic.

Kurt

Also, having pressure immediately is nice, but not worth paying more for. Most guys don't roll around the street and suddenly roll up on an import they absolutely have to race. 99%of the time, you know when you are going to be spraying and have plenty of time to wait for a bottle to warm up.

Kurt

Well its make a lot of sense...the kit actually acts like a booster it keeps the pressure up at all times doesn't allow the pressure to drop during a run so I do believe it gives more HP...and also with my SRT I really don't need nitrous on to beat many imports...lol.The kit isn't cheap I agree but well worth it IMO...like I said take your car out right now you would have to wait for bottle pressure etc...Me I go turn it on im up to pressure right away...ive seen to many people leave bottle heaters on and cause damage so also to me worth it....But to each there own...you like what you like I like what I like...lol...they both work just a different way to approach it...

It's a great idea, and a cool system. But I'm not going to recommend someone else spend a bunch of money on a setup with cool factor that I wouldn't buy myself.

Kurt

im not a fan of dry set ups. i dont agree with the way they are ran. im a firm believer in getting the car to run balls out on motor (MPH wise.. converter for nitrous is a metric assload tighter). then going off that tune up as your base nitrous tune up pulling XX degrees of timing for XXX jet set up. and all fuel for the nitrous side is controlled by the flowing pressure of the system or the fuel jets.
I agree with you completly on a carb'd car. In talking with steve johnson about some things in the works, his suggestion is a dry system fogger with the efi using the fuel controls in the efi and power adder trigger functions, we shall see how that plays out!