Control Arm Problems- Granatelli

Mustang78

Feb 8, 2006
Aberdeen, WA
i bought the adjustable upper and lower ocntrol arms used from a guy with an 01 mach 1(do they have a panhard bar stock?), since both upper and lower have heim joints, what will keep the axle from swaying side to side?!?!? here's a picture of the upper's:
CA7900Usmall.jpg

And here is the lower's, can anybody explain what will keep the axle in position?
GM-CA7998Wsmall.jpg

~Mark~

• Sponsors (?)

The heim joints self center the rear, you still have the rubber/poly bushings to hold the rear centered at the front mounting points. The spacers hold it in place. Just make sure you grease them well when you install them.

Pull out the threaded portions on the rear and antiseize them very well or they will bind up and you'll never be able to adjust the ride height.

so the lower arms keep the axle from going side to side? i think the ones i have are a slightly different versiona nd have the heim joints on the lower control arms too..if all 4 heim joints swivel then the rear end will shift..right? i'll check em out after work tonight, and does anyone know if an 01 mach 1(or any 94-04) mustang has a panhard bar from the factory?

~Mark~