conversion exhaust

omarV6

Nov 12, 2009
Los Angeles
ok so i was looking around and i saw that one website that sponsors this site called "new take off" or sumthin like that and i saw that they have gt exhaust muffs and tailpipes for a bargain of 79.99$ and i was wondering if i can buy the conversion kit separately w/out the muffs...

so i buy the muffs for 80$ and the kit for less...

is there a site where i can find the kit w/o muffs?

i looked on google for 4 hours but i can only find 1995-2000...
i have a 2005 v6 automatic trans

• Sponsors (?)

A shop would be able to do something for ya real easy, probably cheaper too (no ship costs) - @ least around here, there aren't too many places that can do mandrel bends tho - only crimp style. That's the only reason I would go to a hi-perf online place - if you're horny for the mandrel bent pipes. my .02

Mandrel bends are smoother and flow better, they don't leave the wrinkles on the inside bend of a pipe. It probably would not be a very noticeable difference in performance for you though. I wouldn't get too worried about it.

ok so i was looking around and i saw that one website that sponsors this site called "new take off" or sumthin like that and i saw that they have gt exhaust muffs and tailpipes for a bargain of 79.99$ and i was wondering if i can buy the conversion kit separately w/out the muffs...

If you're looking for just mufflers you can buy them from NTO for $80. But that won't get you a true dual conversion. They're $300 plus shipping and it comes w/GT take off mufflers. Or you can buy the same Pypes true dual conversion without mufflers for,,,,, yea, $300 plus shipping. Seems they're overloaded with GT mufflers.

I'd go to a local muffler shop and have something made. If you want GT take offs look around locally, they're cheap and plentiful. The V6 has a 2 1/4" exhaust pipe over the axle whereas the NTO kit is 2 1/2" all the way. So even if you had a local shop build you something, if they used 2 1/2" pipes that are non mandrel bent you'd be OK.

Spend some money locally, help keep independent businesses open. Buy some better sounding mufflers somewhere, have a shop build an exhaust for you. You'll have a better sounding system and save some cash.

$79 is too much for the GT take offs. Look on ebay and find them consistantly for under $50. At shows, $30/pr. You can take those mufflers to a shop to have them finish the system for you but be careful you don't spend more than $270 AND make sure they use stainless pipe(which is rare) or it would be cheaper to go through that same company as they have the entire kit for $300 that you can install yourself.