convertable top issue.

95STANG-GTSC

Founding Member
Apr 17, 2002
Eufaula, AL
Have any of you had the back glass come loose from the canvass along the bottom edge of the glass? I was told it could not be fixed and that a new top was in order. Price $700.00 :shrug:

Has anyone replaced their own tops? Or just replaced the rear curtain?

Thanks in advance
Mike

• Sponsors (?)

I had a 88 vert gt that did the same thing and there is no way to fix it. I had my top replaced but the fit was still not the same as the original so be careful in selecting a top. My buddy has a 93 vert and we did his top. We learned that you should really leave that to the professionals. It is very hard to get the top tight to the point that there are no wrinkles in it.

You can replace just the curtain, it is about 200 bucks for the glass with the defrost, i did it myself it was not the most enjoyable thing i have ever done but it came out good, it just sucks because you have to release the back part of the top and it could be hard to get it tight again, mine took a few trys to get it nice and tight, i am gonna work it some more one of these days it seems to have stretched out a little bit now that it is getting hot out, but it still looks great, i got a quote of about 500 beans to do just the glass so i went ahead and did it myself, good luck Dan

Just go out and buy a $1 bottle of Crazy Glue. Problem solved. You may have to reglue in another 6 months, but otherwise it works great. I need to reglue mine, I need a new top but dont have the funds now, so I just use the glue without any problems.

94CobraPace said:
My top came loose from the glass, I got some window black glue stuff from a upltry shop and glued it back, no problems for 2 years.
Same here, same stuff, no problem for 2 years also.
I have since replaced the top and glass. Average labor should be around 350-450 depending where you go. I would reccmnd a reputable shop, cuz you get what you pay for.. :nice: