Convertible Leak? Water on Floor

Thank you for all this great information. I have been having the same problem with my 04 mustang convertible, with about 3 inches of water in the back passenger floor.
floorbehinddriverseat.png

I removed my back seat and lifted up the carpet as instructed. The water is coming in from the 2nd yellow arrow to the right on this picture. I can't figure out how to unclog my drain or how to even access it. When I look under the car I don't see any holes for the drain. Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks,

Tim

Oh and on a side note, I used a garden hose to run water over my car and when I plugged up that hole where the water is coming in the driver rear floor started filling up instead!

It does look like water is draining under my car from a hole on the drivers side, but not fast enough...

• Sponsors (?)

2004 Convertible Leaks

This is what those pesky drain holes that everyone has been talking about look like. They are just the small "V" bent out part along the inside bottom edge of the frame rail. They are only big enough to jam a coat hanger up to unplug and there are four of them along the frame rail.

When I unplugged mine about a litre of water poured out.

It is amazingly easy to unplug them. You don't have to remove any panels or jack up the car. Just lie down beside it so you can see under it a bit and there they are. Poke em with a wire coat hanger and you are done. :D

Attachments

• Drain hole.jpg
    Drain hole.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 2,111
This is not the usual method, but was effective. I have a 2007 mustang and the water was pooled in front of the rear wheel panel.

I lowered the top and took out my shop vac with a 1" wide nozzle and vaccuumed out the water and whatever else that was pluging the hole. It now drains the water just as it should. Hope this helps someone.

Hey all, I'm reviving this from the dead rather than start a new thread. I'm having the same issue with water on my passenger rear floor after rainstorms. The driver's rear is dry for now luckily. I am trying to clean out the drains under the car, in front of the rear tires. I can't get a wire coat hanger up into the driver's side, but at least when I shove the straw of an air duster up there and shoot it, there seems to be airflow. On the passenger side I can't get a wire up there and it seems to be plugged to airflow as well since it won't let air out of the can. When sticking a wire coat hanger up there it feels like I'm sticking into foam or something. I'm debating jacking up the car and just running a small drill bit up there to drill through any obstructions? Any thoughts?

Ok, in that case you need to post your question in the sn95 forums, don't forget to give the year and if there was any body damage or top replacement done recently. Your body structure is different than the fox platform.

Whoops, I didn't catch that. Do you know why is this thread in the fox forum? The OP had a 2004 and the pictures he took are of that car. I can just copy the helpful ones and put them in a new thread in the SN95 section then