Convertible Noise

irokcj5

Aug 23, 2015
My wife currently has a 2007 v6 convertible. Time to think of a newer car and thinking of another mustang, from 2012-2014 model. She loves being about to ride with top down, but the car is so noisy on the highway, she cannot enjoy the stereo. We haven't driven a newer convertible but I'm wondering if the model we're looking at is quieter than the 07 model. The price makes the 2015 a no-can-do, even though I understand they made some improvements. Thanks for replies.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 2014 GT/CS Premium 6 speed 5.0 Convertible and the stereo Shaker System will blow you out on the highway if you want. We saved quite a bit by buying a 1 year old certified used Mustang with the depreciation taken off. You can look on the web with some of these car finders and that is how we found ours, it turned out to be only 1/2 an hour away from where we live. So just my 2 cents - we have NO problem with the stereo and we have Sirius also and absolutely love it and you can negotiate to about 60 bucks a year and it is worth it. And still have local radio and cassette player.