Convertible owners,I need your help.

MustangLX-5.0

Founding Member
Dec 2, 2000
Lehigh Acres Fla.
The car - '92 Mustang LX 5.0 Convertible

The Problem - I noticed on the very back end of the top,on the part where the rear glass window sits and where that back piece meets up with the main top.You know how inside your car the back window piece zips right up near the roofline.I noticed that if I put my hand on the very side where there is a small gap.I can fit my fingers through this gap and touch the outside of the rear window from the inside of the car.I found I can do this on both sides.Is this supposed to be like this? Isn't the rear window supposed to be sealed up?It doesn't seem normal to have the window just sit in there with only a zipper and a couple snaps holding it in place.

Apparently I just found this out recently while I was at the car wash.I hit the back window with the pressure wand and noticed a few minutes later there was a big puddle sitting in the back.Now it smells like ass when I get in the car after it sat with the windows closed for awhile.

• Sponsors (?)

hmm, I believe thats normal man, im not entirely sure, but there is a cover that goes over the top of the glass section, it overhangs from the top of the top. There might be a gap in there since water dosent naturally fly upwards.