Convertible Weather Stripping Problem....

When I replaced my convertible top I had to get new weatherstripping for the area where the top closes on the top of the windshield. This peice of weatherstripping goes all the way from midway down the driverside window across the top of the front windshield and then half way down the passengerside window. The new one I got is constantly shifting out of position and seems to be much thinner than the one I had before. This leaves about a half an inch gap between its end and the next piece of weatherstripping on both sides. I have tried taping the weather stripping stretched in place, but it just returns to position. Also the reduced thickness means the top of the window barely touches the weather stripping all around. Is there alot of variation in the aftermarket weatherstripping (I am pretty sure I got this new one from 5.0 Resto), so I should start looking for a new one, or should I just keep messing with the one I have?? Was there a difference in this weatherstripping from the 87-90, and the 91-93's?? The road noise is getting rather annoying. Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)