converting a GT to an LX?

• Sponsors (?)

Just out of curiosity, why? I currently own an LX and have previously owned several gt's and personally think the gt is far sexier. But that is just my opinion. My question is why do you want to convert? Are the body parts severely damaged or something?

Im not sure Ive always just liked the look of the Lx's also my drivers side skirt is not staying on it keeps dangling on the rear part of it. also ive got the infamous paint chipping on the plastic parts. otherwise all the gt trim is perfect. I also prefer the lx tailpipes. That is really about it.

Im not sure Ive always just liked the look of the Lx's also my drivers side skirt is not staying on it keeps dangling on the rear part of it. also ive got the infamous paint chipping on the plastic parts. otherwise all the gt trim is perfect. I also prefer the lx tailpipes. That is really about it.

Get a paint job, fix the dangling side skirt, get a cobra bumper, and all your problems are solved.

The side skirts are held in place with brackets that are riveted to the body. You will have to fill the holes and repaint the lower half of the car, as well as the new moldings you're going to buy to match the LX bumpers.

WOW!!! Nice Post!Kind Regards
20.creation.jpg

Converting a GT to an LX or and Aero to a 4 eye is just plain stupid. Everybody gets it in their mind that it will be cheap and they usually take on the project severely under budgeted and the car becomes a mix match of parts.

Converting a GT to an LX or and Aero to a 4 eye is just plain stupid. Everybody gets it in their mind that it will be cheap and they usually take on the project severely under budgeted and the car becomes a mix match of parts.

Well I'm sorry you feel that way. But I never once asked if it was cheap. I simply asked what all was involved. Maybe if you buy every fox body ever made you can save them from the mix matching *******s like me.:nice: