converting my gt to lx style

diponyou50

Apr 21, 2005
a junkyard next to me has nuthing but mustangs.and i really want to convert my gt to lx style and they will sell me the front and back bumper covers for 175 and they have any other panels i will need besides the the middle ones that go across the door.but i need to know excatly what i will need and wut kind of perperation,tools,and wut kind of project im looking at.i live in an appartment so im hopping it wont take to much time.please any help will be greatly appreciated.also they have a set of bbkupper and lower control arms for 100,is that worth it?

• Sponsors (?)

Damn what junkyard is that? You should go there weekly, you could sell stuff online and make a killing. They should be able to tell you what you need as far as actual parts. I would imagion since your getting used stuff your going to have to do some body work to make everything line up and look ok.

I am in the middle of the GT to LX conversion right now. Not at all the PITA everyone said it would be. All the GT ground effects (remember, that's what it was called back then) are held in by simple screws and a few brackets that are rivvetted to the body with small rivets, you just unscrew and lift off, that simple. The only thing is you'll need to either swap bumpers as well or cut/chissel the bottom supports of the rear bumper. It is all painted under there, just hope it didn't give you the bedliner effect. It didn't for me. Not much weight, but a lot of bulk deleted. I guess I'll be 90MustangLX soon.