Converting power doors and windows to manual question???

deftsound

Please ask me how much my supercharger cost
Apr 6, 2004
Texas City TX
Is it possible to convert the power door-locks and windows in my 87 to manual? I don't think I have EVER owned a fox that had adequate working power door locks or windows. Instead of fixing them id rather just convert it to manual. Do they make a kit? Has anyone done this?

• Sponsors (?)

The locks are easy just remove the lock solenoid and the rod conecting to the lock cylinder. Windows would require getting new glass, registers and door panels / arm rest, or try and locate good doors that are already manual windows is easiest. There is a difference between manual & power door panels and arm rest. I converted my 87 to power.

Check out this page I made showing the diferences

PonypageS - Manual to Power Door Conversion

there is no converstion kit I have ever seen for this.

The locks are easy just remove the lock solenoid and the rod conecting to the lock cylinder. Windows would require getting new glass, registers and door panels / arm rest, or try and locate good doors that are already manual windows is easiest. There is a difference between manual & power door panels and arm rest. I converted my 87 to power.

Check out this page I made showing the diferences

PonypageS - Manual to Power Door Conversion

there is no converstion kit I have ever seen for this.

Do they make any sort of power-door lock button delete? It sounds like my best bet would be to leave the windows power and just delete the power door locks since they dont really work anyway and every-time i press the button it just annoys me because i know its broken and i need to fix it but don't want too.

Yeah what stylthyn said. With manual windows there is a door lock only button that replaces the blank in the top of the arm rest, used that when I first converted to power locks. I have never seen a factory car with power windows & manual locks.