Convince me not to buy a HONDA!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is my $.02....the Type R motor is a very nice motor....and will allow you to go quite fast with some mods...do you know what type of suspension it has in it???....the Stang and the Type R are 2 entirely different cars....one is made as a car for the twisties and i think we all know which one that is....when it all comes down to it the Stang has more potential for straight line performance...but the R has its number on the road course, I would love to have a type R but i dont think id trade the Stang for it....Type R's are very fun to drive and handle VERY well....you will be happy either way....of course you could always build an auto x stang by throwing everything Maximum Motorsports makes at it....

Anthony

• Sponsors (?)

Acura IS Honda...Honda doesnt own Acura its THE SAME COMPANY....Acura's is just Honda's "Lux Brand"...the Integra in japan is the HONDA Integra, same with the NSX its the HONDA NSX over there...and the new RSX is still the Honda Integra over there...in Canada they sell the Acural EL which is the civic under the Acura nameplate..... and the new Acura TSX is the Honda Accord Euro R everywhere else...and the TL is the Honda Inspire i believe.....they are all identical...and the B16 isnt all that good, thats why its called the "torqueless wonder" it just started the whole DOHC VTEC craze....the H22 is where its at when it comes to Honda's 4cylinder motors....im also i huge fan of the F22B (SOHC VTEC accord motor) because it LOVES boost (iron sleeves in the block).....if you cant tell i was a BIG Honda guy before getting into Stangs....and still am into the Import scene because ALL my friends drive Hondas...

Anthony

musclecarmaniac said:
Who cares if you can rev it to 9600 rpm the thing doesn't make power past 3000 rpm

Mustangs are made in America with pride. Support America and own your mustang proudly!
you have it backwards...it doesnt make any power TILL 3000...and keeps making it up to 9600 if built right....seriously...the VTEC motors are revvers....

Anthony

I had a buddy who had a '00 ITR and that thing was one sweet ride. I don't know how the Integra in question compares to it in the handling department but I can see how a cornering guy can appreciate the car.

I agree with you beemermem3 about the investment required to make the Mustang handle really well. On the other hand, there are different ways to look at lap times. There is the pure joy of driving a car at 10/10ths, (which most people can't do regardless of what they think of their driving skills) and then there is the pleasure of the number (lap time). Is the Mustang not fun to drive on the track or are you just disappointed in the numbers it yields? If you are having fun, it shouldn't matter what lap times you are turning.

I will say it, and you will all hate me...
That is one of the few imports i would consider. It's quick, light, reliable, and just plain old fun. I'd rather have the v8 roar, and everyone TRY to race me, it's just more fun. But shoot, if you're thinking of saving up for an 05 or 06 GT, dude, get the lil import, save yourself money, insurance and gas, and then buy that GT. have fun with the little toy, and then give it to your kids or something. Then they will love ya, love your new car and all will go well.

beemrmem3 said:
CManT1914, what is vtech?? isnt that a company that makes phones?? Did you mean VTEC?? IF you dont even know how that is spellled, it makes me wonder if you ever had the car, since it says VTEC really big on the valve cover. That is common mistake from people that dont know anything about honda or VTEC. B16A2's Arent that great of motors anyway, unless you put alot of money into them. And they go in a really lightweight car.

What the hell? I never said ANYTHING about VTEC dude. That was somebody else.

Seems like you are not finacially able to afford it but if it was me I'd offer 4k. That car has alot of parts that people want and over here that car would sell for so much. Of course I would mess around with it in the mean time. :nice:

cb18201 said:
there is no way that honda is faster than your car, if it is then there something terribly wrong with your car. those b18 motors are slow as balls, the only way a honda can be made fast is with one of two things a turbo or a rocket. but without that forget it. you will be seeing mustang tail lights all day not to mention alot of other cars taillights.

that is not true. i drive a hatch with just a b16a and ive done work to it and all but my car is N/A and doesnt have juice. My car ran a 13.83 in the quarter mile. no one takes my car seriously so its kinda a sleeper. i agree though the sound is horrible and they dont look near as nice.

my car will outhandle a stang anyday and as far as reliability goes the hondas are way better than ford. but yes honda is MUCH more to fix. I wouldnt get a honda again to make it fast, dont get me wrong its a great car but i hate FWD and i hate the sound. the only way ill buy a honda is for a commuter car. I like the car b/c i can get 36mpg and i have NEVER had any major problems and i BEAT my car.

but no worries im not here to be a troll, just providing some insight. its all good too guys, my car is currently being sold and im onto getting a 95 gt vert. :nice:

"you have it backwards...it doesnt make any power TILL 3000...and keeps making it up to 9600 if built right....seriously...the VTEC motors are revvers...."

the motors may rev, but they dont make any power! im looking at the march 2003 issue of sport compact car, they test a well built integra type r with a fully built engine, a big turbo and nitrous... ill spare you the suspense the car ran a 13.25! the car had literally thousands and thousands of dollars invested in the engine and it couldnt break into the 12's. the integra got the worst power delivery score among 10 cars tested, meaning the car made no torque anywhere and no horsepower at any reasonable rpm because the trubo was so freaking big. i said it once ill say it again, buy the teg if all you care about is auto x, because a nicely prepared stang will stomp any street teg 365 days a year on the street or on the strip!

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
Acura IS Honda...Honda doesnt own Acura its THE SAME COMPANY....Acura's is just Honda's "Lux Brand"...the Integra in japan is the HONDA Integra, same with the NSX its the HONDA NSX over there...and the new RSX is still the Honda Integra over there...in Canada they sell the Acural EL which is the civic under the Acura nameplate..... and the new Acura TSX is the Honda Accord Euro R everywhere else...and the TL is the Honda Inspire i believe.....they are all identical...and the B16 isnt all that good, thats why its called the "torqueless wonder" it just started the whole DOHC VTEC craze....the H22 is where its at when it comes to Honda's 4cylinder motors....im also i huge fan of the F22B (SOHC VTEC accord motor) because it LOVES boost (iron sleeves in the block).....if you cant tell i was a BIG Honda guy before getting into Stangs....and still am into the Import scene because ALL my friends drive Hondas...

A car can not be two things at the same time. Yes Honda owns Integra but it is either one. It is whatever it says it is. It is a honda if it says Honda, the owner is the constant but the names are different even if they are the same thing. Do I make sense? Call it a Tempo, call it a Topaz, or How about a Suzuki Sidewinder and a GMC Tracker they are the same with different names. But it would be wrong to call it a GMC Sidewinder. Technically speaking yes, but actually, no. Maybe I should have just read this and not replied, but it takes to long to erase so.....click

yeah but remember its only an Acura IN NORTH AMERICA, it really is just a Honda...all the parts even say Honda on them...everywhere else in the world its a Honda.....and for SCC to run a 13.25 in that car is slow...there was a guy in my area who had a built type R with a turbo, ran 12.1....it was as insane car before it got stolen....

Anthony

(idle)Babwababdub
(idle)Budwababub,

(1st gear)Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
(2nd Gear)Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
(3rd)Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
(4th Gear)Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Nuff' said.

VibrantRedGT said:
(idle)Babwababdub
(idle)Budwababub,

(1st gear)Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
(2nd Gear)Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
(3rd)Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
(4th Gear)Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Nuff' said.
yeah man!....but you guys should hear an import with an Apexi World Sport exhaust....its SILENT....its amazing that an import can sound so quiet!...it sounds TOTALLY stock....

Anthony

this is true viper. only prob with that guy with the turboed type r engine is the setup. the type r is the WORST motor to run boost on it. hence why in that test someone was talkin to b4 the built type r with a turbo ran a 13. that engine is an NA set up and has EXTREMELY high comp ratio. its a good engine but its not a good one to boost on. the only thing i have ever liked about my hatch was being able to pull up to a maro or stang and when we took off and i was either keepin up or ahead the look on some people's face was PRICELESS!!! but still ii have to agree i mean ive always been a stang guy i just kept gettin arrested and the honda was all i could afford on my insurance(long stories) but the first car i ever bought was a 69 mach 1 428 CJ. it was in rough shape but i liked it and planned on buildin it. then i ran out of time and the arrests, but so goes the world.

SexyStang1994 said:
honda_vs_special_olympics.jpg

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

beemrmem3 said:
CManT1914, what is vtech?? isnt that a company that makes phones?? Did you mean VTEC?? IF you dont even know how that is spellled, it makes me wonder if you ever had the car, since it says VTEC really big on the valve cover. That is common mistake from people that dont know anything about honda or VTEC. B16A2's Arent that great of motors anyway, unless you put alot of money into them. And they go in a really lightweight car.

Also, at every autocross event ive been to the civics and integras(with decent setups and decent drivers) always clean up over the mustangs and camaro's. Hell, over every car except high dollar setup autocross cars. Ive seen really well setup mustangs be 3 seconds off of well preped honda's.

Yes, technically it is an Acura. But its a honda. Every part on it says honda. And its just a division of honda. The motor says honda right on the valve cover. It is even a Honda Integra over in Japan.

I should go to a honda forum and see what they say, haha.

LMAO ... I would say 5 to 1 is the ratio of guys against this trade and they listed reasons but you seem pretty set on this already judgeing from your posts. Not to flame but mabye we should end this topic becuase I think beemerman has already decided, just look at his last few posts. I think the stang is the way to go but it is up to you. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.