Convince me...X pipe w/flows...

Milenko

Skid Mark Layer...only not fro
Founding Member
Nov 5, 2001
Boston, MA
Right now I have the stock H pipe with flowmaster 40 series on my 96 GT.

I hit a rock not too long ago and broke off the connecting pipe on my H pipe, the one that connects both pipes together.

I put on a quick little fix from auto zone that covered the pipe and clamped on both sides, but it was only temporary.

Now I have to get the damn thing welded, God knows how much it's gonna cost.

Should I just grab an X pipe instead? I was thinking about the one from UPR..

I've looked on Mustangexhaust.com and cannot really tell if I like it or not, but the power increase is there.

Convince me either way!

• Sponsors (?)

around here it would only cost you about 50 bucks to get it welded back up. I just ordered some long tube hooker headers and a hooker x-pipe. was gonna get a 03 cobra but the stupid insurance rates are crazy even in my parents name.. im mad about it...!!

Milenko said:
Right now I have the stock H pipe with flowmaster 40 series on my 96 GT.

I hit a rock not too long ago and broke off the connecting pipe on my H pipe, the one that connects both pipes together.

I put on a quick little fix from auto zone that covered the pipe and clamped on both sides, but it was only temporary.

Now I have to get the damn thing welded, God knows how much it's gonna cost.

Should I just grab an X pipe instead? I was thinking about the one from UPR..

I've looked on Mustangexhaust.com and cannot really tell if I like it or not, but the power increase is there.

Convince me either way!

I have the UPR X and 2 chamber flows and I love the sound. Also, the upr fit well.

I had a Bassani catted x with flows on my last car and went to a prochamber/ flows combo and I loved it!! The x sounds good, but I know you'll be happier with the prochamber....... :nice:

Hey Firemanz, you have any sound clip of your Bassani and Flows combo? Im doing that mod right now.

Milenko, Im puttin a Bassani O/R X-pipe on today with my 40 series flows. I will post as soon as i get a sound clip.

HoustonGT said:
Hey Firemanz, you have any sound clip of your Bassani and Flows combo? Im doing that mod right now.

Milenko, Im puttin a Bassani O/R X-pipe on today with my 40 series flows. I will post as soon as i get a sound clip.

I have video clips of my car. I have the bassani o/r X pipe with 2 chambers. It's the loudest thing I've ever heard short of open headers.

Short version

http://student.lssu.edu/~prebandt/smallpeel.wmv

Extended version (bonus treat at the end of this one :banana: )

http://student.lssu.edu/~prebandt/BigPeel.wmv