Convince Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
From this 14 year old kid himself.

Please effing ban me. I beg you. I have learned...

Please effing ban me. I beg you. I have learned in the past few months that this site is worthless. I just hope god can for give me for forgetting a thread on a worthless forum. Better yet please

• Sponsors (?)

His a damn troll! Prolly drives a Civc DX claiming that the DX is the real sport model cause it has no power options. :rlaugh:

Dont feed the troll, its pure :spam:

I dont get why people get so up in arms about this motor swap. You can throw a Summit or Jegs catalog at a wall and what ever page it falls open to will have something for an LS1.

I am just throwing Ideas around and every one gets all hyped up and says dont ever post again. Besides just being Ford Fan Boys why is it such a horrible idea to have the power and durability of an ls1 and there are so many parts available. LS1 's have been dropped into every thing from 240s, s2000, civics, fox bodies, and on and on...

I know there is a lot of work but i think it is worth it.

For example I would not be getting all giddy and excited over 310hp... I am hunting for a lil more. The cars I hang out with around orlando laugh and eat up anything under 600.

:shrug:

Damn that was a low blow...:lol::rlaugh:

I dont get why people get so up in arms about this motor swap. You can throw a Summit or Jegs catalog at a wall and what ever page it falls open to will have something for an LS1.

I am just throwing Ideas around and every one gets all hyped up and says dont ever post again. Besides just being Ford Fan Boys why is it such a horrible idea to have the power and durability of an ls1 and there are so many parts available. LS1 's have been dropped into every thing from 240s, s2000, civics, fox bodies, and on and on...

I know there is a lot of work but i think it is worth it.

For example I would not be getting all giddy and excited over 310hp... I am hunting for a lil more. The cars I hang out with around orlando laugh and eat up anything under 600.

:shrug:

Your logic is out of balance is what most of us are trying to say.

Spend thousands of dollars to load in an LS1. Ok, your done. Now you might dyno 310-315 rwhp stock.

Now spend money on a cam and some spray. Yes, you are making good power, but you are way in the hole money wise and have fun setting that swap up to run reliably.

Ok, so take your ****ty engine out, strip it down... Cobra crank, forged rods and pistons, buy some used PI heads... hell even keep the stock cams, do that swap for under 1k if you are savvy.

You with me?

Now, call this place called Hellion Performance. Drop 5-6k on their twin turbo setup with ALLLLL of the parts you need to be up and running, and boost the ****ing blue oval out of you engine. Now you can rock with the big boys and do it for less than an LS1 swap that you will achieve even less power with.

If you really want to do the LS1 swap, go ahead. But you will learn they really aren't touched by the hand of God when it's all said and done after all the extra costs and set backs you run into to get it in there.

Besides, if you were serious about this swap you should know to skip right over the LS1, because it is old tech compared to the newer LS engines from Chevy.

its not a bad idea performance-wise in theory. but to think its cost-effective is rediculous.

go look up the parts you need for your dream build and tell us how much you think it'll cost.

engine, tranny, driveshaft, k member, custom exhaust, engine mounts, wire harness, ecu, + whatever random **** you need to replace and performance parts to even make it worth it... cuz youd look pretty stupid swapping an ls1 into a mustang only to lose to a 4.6. not that you seem too brilliant right now.

i bet you could get your 600hp out of a 2v modular with whatever $amount that is or less, and without putting alot of hours into doing a pointless and tasteless engine swap.

Oh man, I thought this thread was joke when I first clicked on it, but now I honestly think this kid is serious....

.....which if that's the case, it was hashed to death about a week ago. Everything you need or want to know about it can be found in this thead. http://forums.stangnet.com/772692-chevy-engine-stang.html

I see no sense running another one considering how the last one ended, and the direction this one is going. :lock:

Status
Not open for further replies.